22. Waterworks?

“Sir, I request the supply be here by Monday and it’s Wednesday. I am the one that needs to report why we have a shortage of supply.” I was talking to the production manager. He had to ensure that the stock is always deliverer on time but it was his off weekend and it slipped his mind. Not only is Mr. Black going to kill me but we will be losing money. My department would have to work overtime to make up for the loss.

Scarlet came through the door. “Big Boss wants to talk to you.” I gave her a look. “Stock problem.”

Just great. Mr. Black hasn’t been in the office for the past two days and the one day he comes in, is the day my department is going down in flames because of something out of my control. “I understand, you have a higher position than mine. I’ll be seeing Mr. Black about the problem in a few minutes. Enjoy the day, sir.” I ended the call.

“Boss lady, it's bad,” Scarlet says. “Candice is in a bad mood. Big Boss is angry at the world.”

I sigh. “Just great.” I didn’t need this. If I lose my job, I swear, I will slap that idiot so hard his mother would have a hard time identifying him. “Tell my brothers I love them. And my sister, she can have my clothes.”

Scarlet laughed. “Come on, boss lady. The worst you could get is a sexual spanking.” Scarlet knew about the complication between me and our boss and she was all for team devil. She wanted me to grab it with both hands but I just couldn’t.

“Please.” I rolled my eyes. “Who needs kinky when you got the devil?” that got us both laughing. I grabbed my phone and we walked towards the elevator. “Do you plan on going to lunch?”

“Yep. I’m going to mail the contacts quickly and get the signatures then I’ll take my lunch, why do you want something?” She asked and I couldn't stop the smile from spending to my face.

She was more than my P.A. “Can you bring me something with? My wallet is in my bag. You know my code.” The door opened and I stepped in.

“Come on, baby, I got you.” She said with a smirk. “you can get the next one.”

“Thank you.” the doors closed.

I loved that girl. We had a nice understanding. She had been on this stock problem since Monday. We had more problems popping up these two days than we had in years. The group that had to deliver the feedback for the new foreign translating gadget came back inconclusive. So not only did we know if we should make more or cancel the product but our best selling phone and notepads weren’t delivered. Scarlet has been on track with everything and gave me a full summary of our situation. She was the best.

The top floor didn’t look as peaceful as it always was. People were up and down with papers and they looked angry as hell. Some were shouting and the one female had tears in her eyes. She probably lost her job and trust me losing this job is losing gold. I wasn’t earning six figures yet but the ones on this floor were and I pitied them if they lost their jobs.

“What the fuck happened?” Candice pulled me to her desk. “The weekend went well, what did you do?”

I look at her strangely. “What? He took me to work and left. After work, he picked me up and dropped me.” I was still confused. “Nothing happened, I didn’t do anything.”

The weekend ended well. We watched the movies and I even cuddled with Mr. Black. Candice and Hades relationship became better. He picked me up and dropped me off at home and nothing was wrong, he seemed normal.

“Hades also can’t give me an answer. Nothing is wrong with the other business.” Candice mumbled to herself. “Don’t tell...” she looked up and met my eyes. She pulled me closer to her. “Straight answer. Did you or did you not have Hades sleep at your place.”