12. The news

The weekend was literally like gold. Those two days were heaven on earth. Ben and I were back to our old ways, texting nonstop. I had my me time and I was happy and refreshed. August phoned and explained the whole thing. He was just a bystander and security cameras confirm it. August also confirmed he wasn’t working for Mister Black and that I had it all wrong.

The last thing I need is a mafia boss as my boss. Mr. Black left me alone the whole weekend and he didn’t even come into the office this morning. The company was less tense and everything seem to go for the better.

“Guys, I swear,” Stephanie said.

Stephanie apparently met this rich guy and had a one night stand. According to her, he was the best friend of the big shot in New York. She didn’t give us a name which is why we find it hard to believe and also there is only one big shot in New York and we all know its the Knights. That family even has the mayor in their pocket.

“Steph, as your sister.” Zephanie started. “You want me to believe that you slept with thee Alessandro Knight’s best friend.”

“I heard he was a heartless CEO,” Allie said.

“Couldn’t more heartless than our boss,” I added. “No offense, Candy.”

“None taken” she smiled. “But I agree, my brother has a way of drying you out even when you have nothing to give. Why do you think no one would reveal him?” she raised an eyebrow. “That guy sold his soul to the devil and I guess I did too.”

“Never.” I disagreed. “My Candice is too sweet to be bitter.”

“Thank you, my baby.”

I gave her an air kiss. We finished lunch and headed back to our stations. Coming to work on Mondays is always a pain but this Monday has been nothing but rainbows and sunshine.

I walked back to my office and continued my work. Our prototypes were receiving a lot of positive feedback so in about a few months they will be on the shelves. The thing with this phone is it comes with accessories and that makes it a hit.

A knock broke my thoughts. The door opened. “Boss lady, production needs an answer and you need to sign off the results of the feedback so that it can go to achieve and also Big Boss is on line two and Boss lady?” I looked up at her. “The meeting is in five and the HQ and Mr.Oscar are waiting for orders.”

“Thank you, Scarlet.” I took a deep breath as soon as she left. I answered the phone first. “Devil’s tech, Rose speaking.”

“Princess, I need you.”

He sounded strain. “Mr. Black is everything okay?” the line was quiet. “Mr. Black?”

“Even in death, your voice brings comfort.”

“Mr. Black?” I was panicking. Mr. Black isn’t someone that sounds strain. He is someone who has confidence in every word he utters, in every step he takes. Mr. Black is a man of confidence. “Mr. Black? Please…is something wrong?”

“Princess…”

And the line went dead. I stared at my phone. Why am I even crying? God, when did I start crying? I walked out of my office after I fixed my face. I needed to get to Candice, this could be serious, he could be hurt.

“Scar, is Candice at her desk?”

“No, boss lady,” Scarlet replied. “She left early due to some family emergency”

“Thank you.” I gave her a slight smile. “And Scar, the papers are on my desk. I going out quickly. See what you can do with what's on my desk and leave the rest to me.”