6.The Bosses Sister

I refused to believe that Candice was right. How could she be the sister of the man we all feared? Stephanie helped her sister who was coughing like crazy. "Why don't you guys believe me?" Candice asked breaking the awkward silence. "You worked for my brother long enough to notice this."

"Yeah!" Stephanie softly exclaimed. "We didn't even know how he looked." She was making crazy hand gestures. "We are third degree workers. We get our orders from Daniels."

I didn't know if I should laugh or be shocked. Candice was a only child or so I thought and even if she shared a surname with Mr Black, I never would have guessed they are related. I met many people carrying my surname, it doesn't mean, we are all family, right? "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her. "I'm your best friend and you didn't trust me with this."

With that I walked off. I knew I couldn't be angry because it wasn't her fault. Her brother chose to hide his face, it wasn't her choice. When my brothers were hiding from NYPD, I lied for my brothers safety. I felt guilty afterwards but family comes first so I knew why she had to do what she did but it didn't mean, I didn't feel hurt.

My feet carried me to the safety of my brother's arms. I didn't even know where August or Charles was but I guess the heart knew the way because when I looked up, I looked into the eyes of my handsome brother, Oggie.

I smiled. "August!" I hugged him. I haven't seen August for a month now. Oliver, I saw everyday since he visits Alison a lot. I didn't live with my brothers which meant I had to travel all the way to the upper town to visit them and I didn't have energy to do that and seeing my sister was a whole complication on it's own. Rebecca lived on with her own family but since the work she is required to do always leaves her away from home, I have to phone ahead and who has the time and energy to do all of that.

"Rosie." he returned my hug. I kissed his cheek. "You look gorgeous."

"Not too bad yourself, Oggie."

"I heard you and Ben are still going strong." August said as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Of course, he's my baby." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Who's your baby?" A familiar voice said. A voice I knew all too well.

"Ben!" I hugged him. "You're my baby, babe." I kissed his cheek. Ben got along with my brothers after the whole struggle of accepting him as his boyfriend. We stayed and caught up with August. Apparently Charles was here but left as I arrived. The dance was opened and the everything was going smoothly. I was silently congratulating myself on planning. "Guys, I have to help out in the kitchen so I'll see you guys later." Ben kissed my cheek. I walked towards the kitchen. I haven't been here long but my heels were killing me. I was wearing gladiators and I needed my flats.

Before I could enter the kitchen I heard my name. "Rose!" I turned around to find Candice heading in my direction. We haven't been together since she broke the news of being the tech billionaire's sister. "Come, we dancing." She pulled me towards the dance floor.

Before I could protest against, we were already on the dance floor. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her shoulders and she encircled my waist. We swayed along with the music with no conversation between us. "I am sorry, Rosie." She held me tightly. "He is my brother, Rosie." She whispered. "I was born into this world, into his world, I had to obey his wishes." She pulled away and stared at me. "I can't reveal my brothers secrets, Rose."
"I wasn't angry, Candy." I said with a smile. "I have brothers remember. I know what it's like to have to carry the secrets of siblings."

"I know, Rosie." She smiled. "And I am not your best friend. Don't ever insult me like that again."

I frowned. "What?"