20. Charity from the Devil.

Humor him, they said. Do as he asks, they said. And doing what others tell you to do nearly got me in a heap of unnecessary drama I didn’t want. Hades confirmed Mr Black’s evil plan. He was taking us shopping on my worst day ever.

He was paying for everything. Now that Ben is no longer an obstacle he wants to do mundane things so that I could give into ‘temptation’ and Candice is loving it because she gets to buy the things her heart wanted most but couldn’t afford. Hades wanted his brother to loosen up and who better to do it for than the girl he claimed.

I was sitting in the passenger seat and Mr Black was driving. Candice and her brother were at the back. “You guys do realize that this could be the perfect family outing if I wasn’t with.” I said breaking the silence.

“Soon to be family, sister.” Hades replied. I liked him. I really did but I swear he was worst than Candice and that really saying something.

“Candice doesn’t want me around our boss.” I said loudly, hoping Mr Black would catch it. “She doesn’t want her best friend and her brother having anything other than a professional relationship.” I said and stared out the window dramatically.

“Rose!” Candice hit my arm.

“Whatever relationship I have with her friends concerns no one but the party involved.” Mr Black replied, grabbing everyone’s attention.

“Brother!” Candice gasped.

“She threaten to go back home.” I said, still looking out the window.

“I’ll happily pay for the plane ticket.” Mr Black replied and Hades broke out laughing.

Candice was angry and so was I. My plan backfired big time. “So much for caring brothers.” Candice rolled her eyes.

“God, I’m moving in.” Hades said. “This is the best reality show you could ever find.”

That got my attention. Lucifer lived alone for a long time. Candice only moved in after the developments and that was during the funeral because before Ben, she had the apartment. Hades…Hades was never in the picture. It was always Candice and Mr Black.

“Where do you live now, Hades?” I asked as I turned around in my seat.

“Hotel.” He shrugged. “Close to Maggie’s place.”

“Oceans?” He nodded. “You welcome at my place. I have a spare room. It isn’t big but it’s close to the bathroom and the kitchen.”

“He will not be staying with you, Rosella.” God, this man was pure evil using my name to get his way. My name coming from his mouth was like strawberries and cream, delicious.

“I won’t mind and besides, I cook.” I told Hades and when we made eye contact I knew immediately he was willing to play my game of fire.

Candice shook her head and inserted her earphones. “Sounds better than room service.”

“And you’ll have a perfect cuddle buddy.” I said with a smiled.

“We can get naked.” He touch my arm at the exact same time, Mr Black hits the breaks and thank god for seat belts or this would have been one nasty car accident.

“Out.” I looked at Mr Black and he kept my eye contact. He was daring me to get out and I knew if I did I would only anger the beast. Hades got out and before Candice got out Mr Black broke eye contact with me. I released a sigh. He took out his wallet. “Candice.” He gave her his card and she lit up like a bright Christmas tree. “We’ll catch up.” She kissed his cheek and left me.

Who knew charity from the devil would break our friendship bond? I rolled my eyes at her. We sat in silence hoping one of would break it. I undid my seat belt. This was it, I could have all the courage in the world when I had someone with me but alone with Mr Black, I was like a mouse having a standoff with a cat. It was doomed to fail and I was all to aware of the outcomes.

“I’m sorry,” I broke the silence and turned myself to face him. “I understand. I was away and you claimed me and all but.” I took a deep breath and swallowed everything I was about to say.

“I could care less about the game you played with my brother.” He said still staring ahead. “Did your trip to Britain help, princess?”

I wasn’t expecting that question from him. Everyone asked me, why I left? Why I did what I did and there was no solid reason. “I don’t know, maybe.” I turned away from him. “I loved Benjamin and he died suddenly so I had guilt, misery all those negative emotions clouding my brain. I guess I thought if I could get away from the US, I’ll be safe and I wasn’t.” I gave him a tight smile.

I questioned myself a lot during Ben’s death. Him having a wife, me and my unclear feelings. Was his wife backup because I wasn’t enough or did my mix feeling make him insecure? Did I pressure him? Is it my fault? I convinced myself I pushed him to his death and nearly convinced myself to follow him to the grave but August stopped me.

August, Charles, Oliver, Beckie, Emily, Roddy, Candice, the twins, my friends, my job, snowball and Mr Black. They were my reasons to live. They were what kept me alive and no one would know this. I couldn’t imagine a world without my family and friends and that was why I didn’t give up. I lifted my spirits and here I am, alive and kicking.

“Princess, I..”

“I know, you want me and you’ll kill every male that may be interested in me or I in them. I get it but all I ask is that you give me time.” I looked at him. “You still my boss, Mr Black. I have to deal with that and Candice. She is and will always be my best friend. If she can’t accept us together then neither can I.”

“My sister has no say.”

“But I do and I ask that you respect my wishes,Mr Black. Who knows if today is a success then maybe we’ll go official.” I got out of the car after that.

He came around and I took hold of his arm. I understood that he was trying and I might as well try as well. I might not love him to a full extent or even like him but friendship can be a start. I needed to try my best and distance us because if my attraction to my boss grows then lord knows, distance won’t help at all.

We walked around the mall until we found Candice. She really took advantage of the card because Hades was having trouble with some of the bags and she wasn’t alone. She had two shop assistants carrying like fifty bags.

Hades reached us first. “Worst day ever.” he said and walked past us.

“Best day ever.” She said with a huge smile. “I love you guys.” She handed Lucifer his card and kissed his cheek. He gave her the car keys and she proceeded past us.

I was happy because Candice seemed genuinely happy. “You made my best friend extremely happy.” I smiled. “Are you not afraid she’ll buy the most unnecessary things?”

“No. Come, its your turn.” he pulled me along with him into the closest store.

It was so fancy I didn’t even know the name of it. He seemed comfortable entering though. “Won’t your card reach it’s limit?” I was concern with wasting his money. He worked extremely hard to get where he is.

“Come princess.”

And we entered. We had shop assistance aiding to help but we declined,at least I did. Mr Black just stared at them hoping they would disappear if he stared long enough. I browsed through a few tops, shirts, and things but nothing I liked.

We entered a few stores and still nothing but when we enter my store, I nearly went nuts. I loved Target. I loved their online shopping and their items. The thing is that its affordable and adorable at the same time. I brought most of my apartment decor at the store but online. When we enter immediately I though of Lucifer’s house.

His house was gorgeous but it needed a female touch and I was about to deliver it. So his living room was cream themed and it had this vintage thing going. In fact, vintage surrounded the house, from paintings to sculptures, to anything at all. It was a nice touch.

“Princess, I want you to buy things for you, not my house.” He said and pulled me closer by the waist. He didn’t like crowed places that’s why those rich places made him feel comfortable, very little customers.

“Just humor me.” I said and pulled him along with me. “I’ll only do your wing, that way you’ll have a piece of me.” He just nodded and followed me.

This was a development in our little relation. He listened me, he was doing something I enjoyed and I didn’t take it lightly. This was is the start of me of us and a potential future.
____________________________________
As promised.  Second chapter uploaded.

Guys, it isn't my finest work but we have Rose's demons exposed in the upcoming chapters so stay tuned ❤️

Til the next chapter, lovies ❤️
Love Zee.

P.S. VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE !!

Let's have the world see our devil and princess.