40. New Rose

We woke up early this morning because he wanted to drive to the house instead of a short flight which I had no problem with. We were currently on the road and Lucifer said it’s best if I told no one and that he’ll inform them, that I’m with him. I didn’t know if this weekend would be good because most of my clothes were a size too big or it didn’t fit right and I hated that.

He wanted to fix me and no doubt he’ll accomplish it but will I be able to heal? “Rosie, We eating.”

“It’s the first time you called me, Rosie,” I said and a small smile slowly working it’s way to my face

“Come on, Princess. What do you want to eat?” he asked changing the subject back to the food.

“I don’t eat in my car,” I said. Lucifer was stupid enough to drive in my car instead of his car. He had two copies of his keys. The driver and his copy and somehow during the night snowy got hold of the keys and we couldn’t find it between the dirt and furniture. I asked the maid to come in today and she has to excuse the mess.

“We’ll clean afterward, princess.”

“Fries.”

He completely ignored me and brought for ten people. He ate as he drove and forget about warnings, he doesn’t listen. If it wasn’t for his driver, I swear, he would have been in a car accident a long time ago. Ten miles into the drive and we were pulled over twice for speeding. He doesn’t listen to road signs or any warning signs. I fear for my life when he drives.

I ate but where I normally could fit hamburgers in, I can only finish half a hamburger before my stomach knots up. The fries weren’t a problem. I continued to snack on them as we drove. “I want us to get married.” He spoke up.

I lowered the music level to hear him correctly. “What? Marriage isn’t just a ring.”

“Princess, don’t make this more than it is.”

I sigh. He wanted to be a husband and I could barely look after myself, how was I suppose to care for him?. “I can’t, Lucifer. ” I answered him. “Look at me, I am skin and bones. I have nightmares, I am on drugs. I can’t.”

I had no problem with marriage, I just couldn’t have Lucifer bind himself with me. I was selfish in the sense that I wanted him for myself but I didn’t want to marry him. My father escaped, he knows where I was so what was preventing him from finding me again. I endangered my best friend and I don’t plan on doing that again. “Did you think I would care about all of that? Your appearance is a result of what happened to you but your heart is your beauty.” He pulled over. “I spent weeks with my sister. I saw what he did to her but she told me what he did to you, how you stood strong to protect her. How can I hate or be disgusted by you? You are the most beautiful thing this earth has ever seen and what you are doing is dimming your light.”

A tear slipped down my face. “I’m sorry.”

“Princess…”

*

Three hours and forty-five minutes we drove before I could stretch my legs. We stopped at a diner a few miles away from the house. After our little conversation, we drove in silence because it doesn’t matter what anyone says, it was my fault. Everything is my fault. This is the first time I’ll be spending time in a house or cabin or whatever with Mr. Black. It would be just us.

He wanted me to take my job back and as much as I wanted my job back. I wanted to work for it and besides that, I want to take time for myself. I have worked in that company since I was nineteen and I need a year to myself, especially after everything I have been through.