Episode Seven - Chapter 32: Past and Present

Liam POV:

“Liam hurry up and stop being a baby” she yelled with a sheer giggle as we ran down the darkest street in Wolverhampton so I did as she said rolling my eyes and breaking out into a light jog so she could keep up. We hadn’t talked for a while as we had fallen into different groups, hers being more cynical but I still wanted to make an effort considering we grew up next to one another. We stopped coming to massive gates that blocked the dead off from the living, drawing a line between both. I looked up at them and gulped trying to hide my fear as I shoved my hands in my pockets, one side of the gate leant on the ground as it had come off of its hinges. “Allison what are we doing here?” I questioned keeping the fear out of my voice; graveyards hadn’t been the best hang out spot in horror movies at this time of night and as I thoughts of that I felt a chill run up my spine as I looked at the grinning girl. “Oh lighten up Liam I thought you wanted to have a little fun?” she elbowed me and took a step forward and turning her back to the grave yard raising her eyebrow at me holding out her hand. I had an assignment paper to write due tomorrow but somehow she had talked me into this, whatever this was “Alli I don’t know why you would think this is fun...” I trailed off. She ignored me and squeezed through a gap in the gate gesturing for me to follow as she ventured further into the unknown. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t scared I just questioned her intentions a little because I knew she had been going through a hard time.

I could only see the outline of her body as she started skipping down the path and I couldn’t help but turn every now and then feeling as if we were being stalked. I jogged a little to keep up with her outline but as I got to the top of a hill I heard a scream and saw her shadow being dragged behind a tree. I ran with all my might calling out her name hoping for a reply, I knew this had been a bad idea but I hadn’t known what was going on. As I came closer I started to slow my jog as I searched for her through the shadows of the gravestones and trees. I bumped into a gargoyle making myself jump a little, I stayed with my back to it for a moment as my heart raced but I jumped a million feet in the air as I felt a hand come down on my shoulder. I sucked in my air trying to stop a yell but my face must have been priceless as Allison came out from behind the statue “Allison!” I yelled in anger and frustration.”That’s it I am out of here, I don’t know what you are up to but that wasn’t funny. I thought you were in trouble” I started to walk away but she grabbed my arm pulling me around to face her. “Liam please don’t leave me, I came to visit my brother” she looked down at her feet shuffling them in the dirt and I felt a pang in my heart. “Oh... why at this time of night?” I asked relaxing my shoulders but she shrugged.

We went there and sat for an hour but I had to get going as it was almost one o’clock so I looked at her and she said she would be fine to get home, she said she had done it all the time. I should have known it was another lie from her mouth as I walked away leaving her there because the next day I didn’t see her at school, or the day after and when I went to see her the next week her house was packed up and no one was home. I stopped questioning what had happened but it always stuck with me, something after I had left went terribly wrong... it was my fault.

 “Allison...” I was shocked to see her here, after how many years of thinking the worse, she had arrived in London and was holding my best friends sister over the edge of a hospital roof but then again this was kind of typical these days. Harry was terrified and Gemma had her eyes shut tight whimpering for her life. “What are you doing here?” Harry looked at me absolutely stunned that I knew this girl threatening his sister’s life. Allison had just as much fear on her face as she threatened “stay back, otherwise she gets it” she said through clenched teeth. “Where have you been Allison? What happened?” I took a few steps forward but stopped as she pushed Gemma a little more “Liam don’t ask questions to answers you don’t want to know”. I tried to get as close as I could but she was so timid as she held out her phone and chucked it at me. I caught it and looked down *Initiate plan A; threaten Gemma’s life and maybe I’ll let you go – A* my jaw dropped. “Allison you DON’T have to do this, please? That’s s somebody’s daughter, somebody’s sister, someone’s friend, lover, niece, granddaughter... please, don’t do this?” I pleaded as I took a few more steps closer.

Her face was scared, a side I had never seen on Allison, and she had always been good at hiding things, especially her emotions. I finally made it to her as she looked straight through me but as she realised I was so close she pulled Gemma so that the back of her feet were slipping off the edge. “Allison trust me” I poured everything I had into pleading with her as I grabbed one of her arms; she flinched at the touch and started breathing harder. Gemma cried out louder and I had wondered if people were watching from below, I hoped not because the press already swooped like vultures at the moment. I pleaded one more time as I reached my other hand out for Gemma to grab onto “Allison let her go...”. Gemma grasped my arm as if it was her life lie and I held onto both the girls being the link between them. “I’m so sorry” she let go of Gemma as I grabbed her fully from collapsing on the ground. Harry rushed over and took her from me as Allison ran, but I sprinted after her pulling her arm and grabbing her sobbing body into my chest. I hushed her knowing Harry would never approve of her again but she was my friend through everything, I thought she was missing or dead but she was here after 4 years. This wasn’t going to be easy to explain and there was so many gaps that needed to be filled in.