Episode One - Chapter 3: Guilty?

Louis’ POV

I watched as Niall’s fingers spread in all different directions, jumping from left to right, up to down, whilst the other hand strummed the six strings making gorgeous tunes that were easy to get caught up in. I was mesmerized by the music that was being echoed across the room and the different tunes hummed by one of the lads experimenting every so often. My phone buzzed then, rudely interrupting the pleasures to my ears. I got excited though, expecting it to be Eleanor. Things with her were a little on the rough side so I sent her a text earlier because I had planned to take her on a date tonight. A lot of my relationships had seemed to have taken a tumble after the accident. I guess I kind of have myself to blame for that though, I was too focused on the recovery of all the boys. It had been a month since the accident, and Josh was still recovering slowly and had to be kept a close eye on. I scratched for my phone out of my pocket with a smile on my face, ready to rekindle what we had going before all of this happened. 

**If only she could see how guilty you look tonight. - A**

I felt my jaw drop, like gravity was pulling it down two hundred and fifty miles an hour. I hadn’t had a text like this since the couple that were sent to me in the hospital straight after the accident. This undisclosed number had words and motives that were even beyond my thinking. Guilty? She? I was so confused trying to decipher, what seemed like some sort of code? “LOUIS!” I heard a loud shout coming from the other end of the leather couch I was sitting on outside the recording booth. I looked up confusingly at the four lads staring at me like I had just turned into an alien. I then realised they had been talking to me this entire time, and I hadn’t heard a thing. “Lou, you alright mate?” Liam said from the corner in the red beanbag. I looked around unconsciously, trying to think of words I could say, but there were so many things flooding my head right now that I couldn’t pick a single phrase to slow down. It was like Harry could see right through me when he moved over on the couch and tried to keep the conversation going on the new album, which was what we were discussing before. I bit my lip and then excused myself to go to he bathroom. 

As I walked down the corridor of the studio, I could hear the fans screaming and chanting outside. I got to the bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle to wonder what the text meant exactly. By ‘she’, did it mean Eleanor? I hadn’t had a reply about the date I had planned for the two of us tonight all morning either. Without contemplating I dialed one of the only numbers I knew by heart. It only took a few rings. “Hello?” she said in a gorgeous happy tone. Wait! Why did I call her? I couldn’t possibly worry her about this strange text I had received, because obviously then she’d think there was something I’d be guilty about. Was there something I should be guilty about? “Hi babe!” I said trying to tone my pitch down. “Did you get the text I sent earlier?” “Oh, uhh, the date? Yeah I did” she said slowly. I kept quiet as if to wait for her answer. “Where is it again?” she asked. “That’s a surprise!” I said with a smile! I loved surprising Eleanor. The look on her face that she gets when she’s surprised is beautiful. Her eyes glisten with happiness as she faintly laughs and cries a little, while her expectations have been exceeded. Keeping up with her, and the new adventures she likes to endure, keeps me on my toes and it’s also what I love about her. “Pick you up at 7?” “Sure!” She said and I smiled as I hung up. Who was I kidding? That stupid little text...it really probably is some pathetic little joke. I mean, it’s got no meaning anyway! I smiled to myself and walked out back to the boys. 

After spending at least another four hours working hard in the studio, in and out of the recording booth, testing tunes, melodies and scribbling down lyrics, we were finally able to leave for the night. I walked out of the front doors with about two hundred screaming fans awaiting our departure from the studio. Zayn was catching a lift with me, and we both walked briskly to the car, making sure the mob didn’t run us down. We smiled for a few pictures before getting inside the car and making our way back to our apartments just outside of the city. I dropped Zayn off at his and drove down to mine which was only about one hundred metres or so away. I walked into my apartment humming the tune of the last song we recorded, which we had planned to be our next single. It was a great tune, and I couldn’t seem to get it out of my head. I got my clothes out and lay them on my bed, ready for the date I had planned with my girlfriend. 

I was in the shower, throwing a few moves out as I imagined the boys and I performing this new song in our future shows. I’m a closet shower performer, and I wouldn’t ever publicly admit that. I can see it in the headlines now....but I won’t even go into that. I guess that was one of the things all these interviews couldn’t suck out of me. If the question ever has to arise however, I don’t think it would be a safe secret of mine for long. I laughed to myself as I imagined our fans reactions as they pictured me as a shower performer. I took a breath to sing the next line before I heard a loud bang! I assumed it was something that had fallen, before I heard it again. I turned the water off, and stepped out of the shower whilst grabbing my towel and putting it around my soaking wet waist. I walked out into my bedroom, which seemed all fine, the tv was still up on the wall - which was actually still surprising because it was a bit dodgy when I put it up. I took a walk through my apartment and everything seemed alright, nothing had fallen or was broken, so I took a walk back to the bathroom. Passing my bed I had noticed my clothes in a messy pile, not in the setting I neatly laid them out in at all! I frowned to myself. No one could have been in here? As I took a step towards my clothes that lay there on the bed I saw a note, with bright red messy writing. 

“Cancel with her, or this will be all over the web for her and all to see. Guilty yet? - A”

My hands started to shake as I lifted the note up to find a picture. A picture that made me feel guilty as hell. A picture that I didn’t want ANYONE seeing, not the public, not the lads...and especially not Eleanor.