Episode Six - Chapter 26: Hot Stuff

Harry’s POV

I tossed and turned, throwing the blankets off my bare body because the heat started to seem overbearing. It was barely Autumn in London at this time of the year and I somehow managed to work up a sweat in my sleep. I moved over towards the middle of my bed to somehow relieve my skin with cooler sheets, but somehow my arm was greeted with the flesh of another. It seemed familiar, but my eyes didn’t seem so trusting of my sense of touch. My left eye opened slowly before it was stung with a vision of long wavy hair. The rest of my body was filled with shock as I winced back away from the female figure. “Harry, are you alright love?” her big brown eyes opened and stared at me with a smile. I reached down and grabbed the blankets covering my waist and taking steps back away from the bed, backing into my dresser. “C...C-Caroline?!” I freaked out trying to regain my balance as she stared at me with a smile on her face. We didn’t...we couldn’t have...we just went for a drink last night...and the only thing I can remember was being on the phone to Louis...and Cher! Louis and Cher? Cher! I was in shock by not only my own actions, but my best mate’s as well. Caroline lay there in my bed, my sheets covering her body like they were her own. My alarm interrupted the elephant in the room, and realizing that the lads and I had the Alan Carr interview today, I grabbed my jeans which were laying over the armchair and ran out of my room without saying a word to the lady that lay there.

“Harry! Where on earth is your shirt?” Liam said sitting in the van with the other lads waiting for me outside my apartment. “Ermm...don’t ask.” I said climbing into my seat; my phone receiving a text message. Suspecting it was from Caroline, I unlocked my phone to see the now familiar undisclosed number. 

**It’s rude to leave a woman alone in the sheets before breakfast -A.** 

I slid my phone back into my pocket, letting out a sigh. I rubbed my forehead, which was still wet from the perspiration; making me thankful I wasn’t actually wearing a shirt. I was feeling quite dizzy and the lads just wouldn’t seem to keep quiet. “Can we just open the windows or something!!” I yelled unintentionally, whilst Zayn jumped and brought all the windows down. He loved having the windows down and was probably happy that for once he had someone on his side. “Why are you sweating so much? Did you even have a shower Harry?” Liam questioned again as he pulled a disgusted face. Usually all these irrelevant questions would annoy me, but today it was a sign that Liam was getting back to being his same old self. “I just don’t feel very well.” I said leaning back in my seat with Louis coming into my vision. He was awfully quiet so I nudged his foot, making sure the situation between him and Cher last night wasn’t just apart of my imagination. He looked at me with big eyes as if to say don’t say a word. I motioned a small nod towards him and tried to think about what happened last night after I got off the phone to him. I wasn’t drinking much lately, and as far as I could recall last night, I had only had one beer. I hung out with Caroline to keep hers and my life in the clear from this monster A, and you would think I could remember what happened even after three beers, never mind one! 

My thoughts were interrupted with the jolt of the van coming to a stop. I could hear the piercing screams of our dedicated fans who had probably been out there for days waiting to get a glimpse of us. This still didn’t make sense to me, I’m just an average teenage boy that makes music with his best friends, how is it so special? I shook my head and climbed out the van, thankful for the cool breeze against my burning skin. We all waved to the fans as we walked inside the backdoor of the television studio and up to our dressing rooms. Our stylist was up there with her tools ready and waiting to transform us into our television looks. “Mr Harry Styles, you can be lucky I have your outfit laid out over there!” she pointed towards a pair of black skinny trousers, a white button up shirt, and a thick brown blazer. My eyes widened, she knew my style and what I liked, but this! It was just way to hot for this! “Miss Louise Teasdale, I understand that you went through all that trouble in finding an outfit for me, but I think a pair of shorts and a singlet would have sufficed for today!” I said trying to take a deep breath, but all that entered my lungs was the stuffiness of my surroundings. Her laughter filled the room as did the frown of my Irish best mate. “Mate, what’s going on?” Niall came up and whispered in my ear, knowing there was no joke. I shrugged my shoulders in slow motion at Niall, before he dragged my arm out of the dressing room shouting “We’re going to get Harry a drink, he’s not feeling too well. Start on the other lads for now.” “Don’t be late!” she yelled back, pulling Zayn into the chair to start on his hair which always took the longest. 

I sat down on a grey leather couch in an empty room down the corridor with Niall. He closed the door and made sure he put the air conditioning on for me. “Thanks.” I said, letting my warm flesh cool against the leather. “Harry...something is wrong.” “What is?” “That’s what I’m asking you!” Niall said handing me a bottle of water. I needed to tell him, I needed to tell someone that wasn’t Louis, after that phone call. “I went out with Caroline last night....” I began, and shock beamed off his face. “I didn’t go out with her because I wanted to...I ermm...went out with her...because....” I paused, trying to remember the reason why I did. “You received texts didn’t you?” he finished. I nodded, remembering I wasn’t alone in this. “I just want to protect everyone you know? I can’t help but feel if I do what A says, then maybe, just maybe we’ll be off the hook and whoever this person is, will get whatever they want.” “But Harry...you’ve put yourself at risk for everyone else now...and we need to get you to the doctor!” “Why do I need a doctor? Because I woke up with her in my bed this morning, not knowing what happened? Niall - I’m pretty sure I don’t need a doctor to help me recover my memory from too much to drink!” It all just came out, and he winced back. I could see the disappointment in his face. “Harry! How much did you honestly drink?! We had work today! I of all people should know that!” he said, redness blooming from his cheeks. “I know Niall! That’s the thing, I only remember having one beer! Just one!” “You can’t get drunk from one beer Harry...tell the truth. It’s me.” he said as his eyes softened. “I swear on my life, I had one beer. I just got there with her, and Louis called...and ermm...I drank it whilst I spoke to Louis and...that’s all I can remember.” The worry in his eyes got deeper as he looked around. “Harry, was your drink spiked? Because last night, I was almost poisoned by A - I saw a person with a black hoodie in my kitchen after I received these texts.” I frowned as he got his phone out, revealing the texts from A about almost being poisoned. It all made sense now, why I wasn’t feeling well, why I went home...with...with Caroline, why I can’t remember what happened and why I feel like my body is on fire. “It makes sense then...A spiked my drink?” I frowned at him before my phone buzzed. 

**It’s just getting hotter in here, hotter than the information I have about what happened in your sheets last night - A**

I showed Niall immediately. “Harry, you wouldn’t have. After everything that happened. You and Caroline? You wouldn’t have. A is messing with your head.” “But Niall, I don’t know what happened last night! Have I given her the wrong message again?” I put my head in my hands wondering what my body would have done in the foreign situation. “Harry, just relax and calm down so that we can do this interview. Then we’ll deal with it alright?” I nodded as Niall patted me on the back and walked down the corridor towards the dressing room. “Hey hot stuff!” a random girl brushed past my arm in the corridor, winking at me. I entered the dressing room with a frown and Louise stood there holding my blazer out and her foot tapping the floor. I threw the trousers on and buttoned up my shirt, so she could put the blazer on me, and get started on my face and hair. Once all five of us were transformed into our signature looks for the interview, we were prepped with our microphones and lined up ready for our cue to go on. I put my hands in the pockets of my blazer, not knowing what to do with them. My right hand fished around to find a piece of paper. Taking it out of my pocket, I recognised the scribbled font, but the owner’s name of it couldn’t seem to come to mind. “Thirty seconds!” the lady with the clipboard sounded. Not taking any notice, I opened the piece of folded paper.

Hospital room 317. 

Be later than 10pm if you never want to see Gemma again. 

- A

I winced. Gemma! In the hospital room Josh lost his life in! “Well, it’s getting hot in here ladies and gentlemen! That’s because it’s One Direction!” I felt my face tighten, sweat dripping down every inch of my body by now and before I knew it the audience’s applause was crumpled in my ears and my legs followed the other boys onto the set of Alan Carr like magnets.