Reader x Hewlett (Part 3) uwu

I am so happy that you all enjoy my little stories. I would like to thank MegLPie and LadyLizabetA_101, I hope you enjoy this!

Enjoy folks, get ready for feelz :D

-------------------

What were you to do? Father finished up his story and the men cheered all around him.

"Good story Richard." Hewlett chimed.

"And it is one hundred percent true." He said with glee.

"So, Miss Woodhull, do you have any interesting stories to share?" Asked Lieutenant Weswood. You almost dropped your mouth in confusion? You licked your lips nervously. "No, not really."

"Surely something has happened? Even a story like your fathers. I-We all would love to hear it."

You were clearly uncomfortable. You didn't want to talk. Hewlett had a smile on the corner of his mouth. "Not one?" He wanted to hear you. Maybe the Bessy? Like this morning? "Well, this morning I awoke to a loud commotion at my farm. A raccoon had spooked my cows."

"How eventful. What the raccoon big? Perhaps I can hunt it down for you, if it is disturbing your little farm." Weswood said with an odd tone.

"No, it is fine. I chased it off with a broom, if he comes back it is no big deal." You take another sip of wine. Not really a sip more like a big gulp. "Raccoons, as bothersome as they are can bring good. They will scare away surely bigger animals like wolves and such. Besides they only eat junk and food, they wont eat a cow." Hewlett said, it was clear he was trying to calm your nerves.

"Indeed." you smile. The night goes on as you try to stay as quiet and out of conversation as you can. You tried to just talk to Hewlett, for now he was your only friend. You sort of like him too. Every so often Weswood would but in. Your fear of this Lieutenants interest in you was loud and scary. You could see your father talking with him too. You worried he would get too close to your father and work his way to you. 

----

You said goodbye to the last redcoat, even Weswood. As he left he kissed your hand. You closed the door. "That was something, wasn't it?"

"Indeed, I hope you enjoyed tonight. All of you. Goodnight." spoke your father. Abe went to the kitchen. Mary, Thomas and your father left to go upstairs and to their rooms. 

"Miss [y/n], I was wondering if you could come here tomorrow night? There's something I would very much like to show you." Hewlett had a sparkle in his eyes.

"I can. Well, night Edmund."

"[y/n]." Hewlett went up the stairs almost skipping with glee. Abe came out from the kitchen. "'Edmund'? You two close?"

"Abe."

"No. No. Your just getting close so father wont marry you off and you can spy, right?"

You panic slightly, "Yes. Is it not a good idea?"

"No, its good. Really good." Abe stutters. 

"I am going to head home. It is still light out, the sun hasn't set quite yet." You walk out and begin your way home. You get out of the (color of dress) dress. You look at it. Maybe Mary will let you keep it and you could were it another time. Tomorrow night you will wear something of a similar color. Edmund liked the dress after all, maybe he like the color too. You crawl into bed, and fall to sleep quickly and soundly. 

The next morning you tend to your crop and animals. Working up a sweat. You take a nice long bath and rest for a while reading a book about Perseus and Medusa.