Chapter 39

Harry woke up to find himself in Zayn's bed and he wished he could have this every single day for the rest of his life. The kiss last night flooded his mind, he couldn't believe it happened, and looking at the sleeping Zayn in his arms, it made everything seem so much more real.

"Good morning." Harry said, with a smile as he began to stir. His smile dropped when Zayn's eyes fluttered open and landed on him, looking baffled.

"Are you okay?" He asked him. He rushed to get up and out of Harry's arms. Harry sat up as Zayn stood by the bed.

"Zayn, what's wrong?" He was getting worried and was hurt by how quick he got up.

"I- uh, I need to go to the toilet." He ran to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

He remembered the kiss. He didn't know how to feel. It felt so right in the moment but what if Harry was using him. What if the kiss was all part of the plan? What if all this time he was just trying to act like a good person so he could get to him? Like he did last night.

He looked at himself in the mirror above the sink and splashed cold water on his face. He was overthinking and he knew that but he couldn't help it. What else was he supposed to think? There was no way Harry was being genuine. Was he?

He left the bathroom and was hoping harry had gone back to his own room or downstairs but when he entered, Harry was still there sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I need to change my clothes." He mumbled, looking down at the ground.

"Oh right, I'll get them for you." Harry decided not to say anything else. He didn't want to be too clingy just because they kissed in the heat of the moment. Maybe it just didn't mean anything to Zayn and he just needed to be comforted.

He walked over to the bed once Harry left and sat down. He had to figure out why last night happened and how he felt. He didn't want to lead Harry on without sorting out what was in his own head. He knew there was something there, though, because the kiss had felt so right. It felt so different compared to all the previous time he had kissed someone. Which was only twice, but still. He looked up at the white ceiling, lying down on the bed.

He couldn't stop thinking about how their lips fit together so perfectly; the way Harry's bottom lip eased between his own lips, fitting like a puzzle. He reached up to touch his lips. He could taste the sweet hot chocolate, salty tears and fresh mint of Harry's mouth as if he was still kissing him. And there was a part of him that wished he was. He wanted to feel Harry's large hands on his waist again, pulling him closer in to his lap. He wanted to feel Harry's soft curls in between his finger tips. He wanted to feel alive again.

He was getting so flustered as his thoughts ran wild that he didn't realise Harry had come back in and was staring down at him.

"Earth to Zayn!" He clicked his fingers infront of his face as Zayn continued to play with his lip. He snapped back to reality and shot up.

"W-when did you get back?" He stood up, trying his best to act normal.

"I didn't mean to scare you, I was calling your name but you were zoned out. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, can I have the clothes?" He held out his hand, cutting the conversation short.

"Yeah, here-" Harry passed him the clothes and as he did so, his fingers brushed against Zayn's, making him get weak at the knees, "uh, what were you thinking about?"

"Nothing." He said, defensively, wondering why Harry was asking. Had he said something out loud?

"You were so deep in thought, it must have been something important."