14.0 Leo x Max

Next: 10.3 Human!Donnie x Hacker!Reader  

Later: 1.2 Leo x Reader x Karai (Hamilton AU)

superheroleslie

Life comes with its difficulties, but it's up to us to find the good in it. Almost every bad situation can result in something good along the way. For Max, it was his blindness. However, he embraced his lack of sight, seeing it as an ability rather than a disability. He couldn't see the world physically, but he could see the brighter side of things in the world. 

One day in particular had a sudden change of events. Like usual, Max left the local school for the blind, waiting for the bus that would take him home. He ran his fingers through his light brown hair as he listened for his transportation to arrive.

Instead, he heard the voices of a group of boys walking towards his small circle of friends that were waiting beside him. They snickered amongst themselves, pushing their way through the unsuspecting blind teenagers. Max, however, used his blind walking stick to "accidentally" trip one of them as they bothered his friend. This would normally be out of character for the sweet, innocent teen, but he hated seeing people pick on others.

This, unfortunately, caused them to turn their cruelty to Max. The delinquents snatched his walking stick away and roughly pushed him backwards. Max tried his best to use his hearing abilities to avoid the punches of the bullies, but there was only so much he could do to help himself against so many people at once. 

Max suspected that they had pushed him into a nearby alleyway. The noise from the city being amplified differently within the smaller space. The next thing Max knew, he was landing harshly in some type of wet substance. A stench quickly found its way to his nostrils.

He heard some shushing come from nearby. A pair of footsteps crept towards him, followed by angry voices.

"Mikey, what the shell are you doing?" A rough voice asked.

"I'm helping him! He just fell through the manhole."

Max lifted his head, unknowingly staring directly at Michelangelo. The turtle brothers gawked in confusion.

Another voice spoke up. This one was smoother, calmer in a sense. "You're... not going to scream and run away from us?"

"Why would I do that?" Max inquired. "It's not like you're any scarier than the guys who pushed me down here."

The first voice he heard scoffed. "I'm sorry, is it everyday you see giant mutants?"

A new voice this time spoke up. "Guys, I think he's-"

"Blind?" Max asked. "That's correct. And I think it is safe to say that you all are mutants?"

"Nice going, Raph." The calm voice teased. "And here I thought Mikey was going to be the one to blow our cover."

Raph scoffed again. Mikey snickered. "Ha, he so got you dude... Wait, why did you think I was going to be the one to accidentally reveal that we're turtles? I'm not some screw up!"

"Sure you aren't, dork. That's exactly why you told our friend here that we're turtles. I at least only said we were mutants! This is why we can't trust you with secrets."

Max got back to his feet. His hands searched for a nearby wall or some sort of fixture he could rely on to help him get around easier. He traced his fingertips across the sewer walls and did his best to walk towards the turtles who were too busy arguing amongst themselves to see him approaching.