12.0 Raph x Bri

Everything
By Ella Mai and John Legend

22bburke_80

Once again, Bri was watching Raph murder the punching bag. She loved seeing his muscles flex back and forth as his fists connected with poor beat up sack. Today though, she wanted to actually do something besides watch Raph train.

"Hey, Raph?" She said, a hint of flirtation in her voice.

In between grunts and punches, he managed to say, "Yeah, babe?"

"Let's go on a date!"

Raph stopped punching and grabbed his towel. Wiping his forehead, he turned around to look at his girlfriend. "You don't consider this a date?"

Bri deadpanned and flopped onto the couch. "No, dummie, this is not a date! I wanna go out and do something!"

Raph laughed and walked up next to her on the couch. "There's not much we can do, considering I'm an ugly giant freak."

Bri stood up from the couch and cupped his face in her hands. "Raphael, you're not a giant freak. Now, ugly? That's debatable."

She cracked a smile as Raph playfully pushed her away from him. "A haha. You're so funny. I must be okay looking if I managed to pull someone like you." He pulled Bri into a hug and ruffled her hair a bit.

"Hands off the merchandise, buddy." She groaned as she fixed her hair. "No touchy-touchy until I get my date!"

Raph threw his hands up in the air. "That's not fair! I don't even know what to do on a date!"

Bri grabbed her bag and dramatically swung it over her shoulder. "Better ask Donnie, or maybe even Mikey since he watches so much TV."

"But-"

"Gotta go do some homework." She turned around and pointed some finger guns at him. "Goodbye, love."

Raph groaned when she left. How in the world was he supposed to plan a date when he barely even knew anything about girls?

"Mikey!" Raph called for his brother.

"I didn't drop your toothbrush in the toilet! It wasn't me."

"That's not why... wait a second." Raph took time to register what Mikey just said. "I'm gonna kick your shell!"

~~~~~

Bri woke up to the sound of someone tapping on her window. She looked down at the textbook she was supposed to be studying from and closed it. Moving her blinds, she opened the window to reveal her beloved turtle boyfriend, Raphael. He sent her a nervous smile and shyly held up a picnic basket.

"No, way. You actually planned a date?" She said eagerly once she opened the window for him. "Did you ask Donnie or Mikey?"

He rolled his eyes playfully. "What? No, Raph I'm so excited to see you going outside of your comfort zone?" He plopped down on her bed. "And what makes you think I had help?"

Bri gave him an I-don't-believe-you look. Raph laughed lightly before speaking again. "Okay, yes. Mikey helped me plan this." He stood up again and motioned to the window. "So, how about we get this night started?"

Raph led Bri to the rooftops and pointed to a park a few blocks away. "See that? It's my way of exercising before I have to embarrass myself."

Bri hopped onto her boyfriend's back, despite the fact that he wasn't paying attention. "So, let's get some weight training in too. If you're gonna exercise, you gotta do it the right way. I'll be here to critic you along the way."

Raph recovered from his near stumble and handed Bri the picnic basket. He tightened his grip on her knees and hopped across the rooftops with ease until they got to their destination. Once he landed safely in the grass, he scanned his surroundings.

"Okay, you can get off now." He squatted. 

"I don't know. The view looks so much better up here." Bri teased.

"Bri, baby, I'm already anxious to not mess up." He whined.

Bri slid off of his shell. "Okay, okay, no need to whine. I'm sure tonight will be fine."

Bri strolled over to a random spot and spread the blanket out on the ground. She looked over to her boyfriend and patted the empty space next to her. Raph sat down and unpacked the pizza and two wine glasses. He then dramatically pulled out a liter of Brisk juice and poured some into the cup.

"Wine glasses? Where did you even get these?" Bri asked while taking a sip.

Raph shrugged. "April brought them over when Mikey told her about the date. Everyone's excited about tonight because uh... never mind I said too much." 

Bri laid her head in Raph's lap and took a bite from her pizza. "What? You gotta tell me now, I'm curious!"

Raph scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, well. Okay so as you know I never been good at trusting, but then I met you. Bri, something about you is able to read between all the lines." He leaned back to look at the stars so she couldn't see the blush covering his face. "You notice everything and that's why you're so important to me. You can see my pain and my struggle and turn everything around. I don't know..."

Bri readjusted her position so she would be laying on his chest/plastron. "No, no you're doing a great job. Keep going."

Raph sighed and wrapped an arm around his girlfriend. "What I'm trying to say is that I love you, Bri. I hope it's not too early to say that but-"

"I love you too, Raphie." She kissed his cheek. "Thank you for tonight. It was perfect."

Raph smirked and pulled her into a kiss. "So, next date I'm thinking about doing some rooftop running.

Bri groaned and fell backwards. Raph chuckled and pulled her back into his embrace. "Calm down I was joking."