1.2 Jealous!Reader x Donnie x April

Cold Blooded
By Khalid

You and Casey have gotten closer over the past few months. Most of your "Donnie time" often turns into "Casey time" because Donnie's always running after April whenever you're with him. You were getting tired of dealing with the heartbreak you felt every time Donnie pushed you to the side like a failed project every time she came around.

You were sitting with Donnie in the kitchen. He was sipping on a cup of coffee while you drank a (drink).

"So, how's school coming along?" He asks you.

You shrug. "Fine I guess. (Worst subject) kicking my butt like usual, but that's probably because a certain someone who offered to tutor me has yet to do so."

Donnie sat forward. "Sorry, I've been so caught up with April lately so it kinda slipped my mind."

You forced a fake smile. You nodded bitterly and took another sip of your drink. Donnie was still completely unaware of how you felt. Might as well tell him now.

"Donnie, honestly I feel like you've been ignoring me. I thought I was your best friend!" You exclaim.

He put down his cup. "Y/n, you are my best friend. I don't mean to make you feel ignored. I'm so..." His gaze left you. "April's here!"

You watched as he retreated away from you. "So much for not meaning to make me feel ignored.

Casey strolled in and plopped down next to you. "Hey, y/n."

"Hey Case." You responded, looking at the drink in your cup.

"I tried to tell April about how I feel about her tossing me to the side all of the time. Didn't go well." He sighed.

You shook your head. "Don't feel bad. Same thing happened with me. So, what's the plan now?"

He smirked, sitting up and facing you. "Let's show them how it feels. We should do them the way they do us!"

You smile slightly. "I don't know, Casey. They probably wouldn't even notice. They barely notice us now."

"I know, but at least we'll get to spend more time together, if nothing else. Quality time never hurt anyone." He nudged you.

You laugh. "Okay, okay. If it means you'll get your morning breath out of my face, then let's do it."

Casey clamped a hand over his mouth. You pushed him. "I'm just teasing. Now let's go."

Casey playfully glared at you before jumping up from his seat. He put his arm around your shoulders casually. You roll your eyes and smile as the two of you stroll into the main area of the lair. Casey was trying a few pick-up lines on you in hopes of finding a good one to impress April.

"Okay, how about this one," he began as the two of you passed Donnie and April, "besides being sexy, what do you do all day long?"

You giggle. "I think that's the worst one yet, Jones."

Donnie and April watched carefully as you and Casey plopped down on the couch across from them. Casey removed his arm from your shoulders and leaned back into the couch. You kicked your legs up and placed them on top of his lap.