2. Jay x Leo

This chapter is long overdue. I'm sooo sorry.

Mrs_Nanase

~No one's PoV~

Jay turned her head as she listened to the many sounds of New York echo all around her. The moon peeked from behind a cloud as a free dogs barked in the distance. The sound of metal had awaken her from get peaceful trance.

She stood abruptly, turning her body towards the clashing. Within a minute of traveling the rooftops, she found the source of the sounds.

~~~~~

While Jay was enjoying her patrol around the city, Leo and his brothers were fighting their most hated enemy. Shredder had randomly attacked the four Hamato brothers as they were searching for mutagen.

Jumping from out of the shadows, Shredder landed behind Mikey and picked him up by the back of his shell.

"I see we have finally met again turtles." He took a step forward as Mikey whimpered in his grasp.

"You say that as if you haven't been stalking us fit the passed three months!" Raph growled.

Leo put his hand on his brother's shoulder and walked in front of him. "Put him down Shredder. Don't make us fight you."

"But that is exactly what I want, young Leonardo. Last time you escaped, I don't plan on letting you go again."

He unsheathed his knives from his metal gloves. Time slowed as Mikey's eyes widened. Before anything could happen, a figure kicked the Shredder in the face and placed Mikey next to his brothers.

Leo helped his younger brother up before getting a closer look at the masked vigilante that had just saved Michelangelo. The figure had the body of a girl. Leo inched closer to the person, but they laughed and backed away from him.

"I don't kiss on the first date, Blue." She cracked a smirk, which caused Leo to blush and become flustered.

"W-Who are you?" Leo looked into her mask, but his attention soon turned to the Shredder, who had began to stir inside of the dumpster he had been kicked into.

The girl glanced towards the same area Leonardo had looked to. "You might want to leave before that walking pizza slicer gets out of there." She swiftly jumped back up to the rooftop and looked over the ledge. "You'll figure out my name soon enough, Blue." And with that, she disappeared over the rooftops.

"It's Leonardo..." He trailed off, still looking in the same space you had just occupied.

Raphael grabbed his brother's arm swiftly, pulling him away from the scene. "Ugly bald assassin in the trash. Does that ring a bell?"

"Right... sorry. Let's move boys!"

~~~~~

A few days later, Jay found herself to be in the same spot where she had met the blue masked turtle. Over the passed year, she had seen more and more mutants appear around the city, most of which she recently found out worked for the same metal man she had took down the night she had met the turtles.

Still, images of the blue mutant flashed through her mind daily. And as if a coincidence, his voice seemed to project from behind her. Glancing over her shoulder, she watched as he ambled towards her.

"How'd I know I'd find you here?" He uttered confidently.

Jay stood from her squat-like position and faced him. "Oh, so you've been looking for me?"

He blushed slightly, but quickly responded with a small stutter. "I-I never got to thank you for saving my brother and for helping us."

She waved her hand, dismissing his gratitude. "I'm kinda a heroine, it's what I do. If I wanted appreciation I wouldn't lurk in the shadows."

"That's the thing, we are too... we're heroes I mean. It is not too often where we are the ones helped. The roles are rarely switched."

"Sometimes it's good to be on the opposite end of the rope. Not saying that it was a good ting to get attacked!" Jay's eyes widened as she corrected herself. "I meant that-"

Leonardo chuckled. "I know what you meant and I agree." He scanned the city. "I see you aren't always calm, cool, and collected. You, too, get flustered sometimes." His eyes landed on her.

"We all can't be like you, Blue." She laughed lightly.

"Leonardo. Everyone calls me Leo though." He held out his hand for her.

She took his hand in his for a single shake. "Interesting name, but I still think blue suits you."

Their hands lingered against each other's for a moment longer before they pulled away. "You are only saying that because of my mask." Leo, once again, found himself laughing.

"I mean, you're not wrong there, Azul." She turned her back on him when she heard a crash off in the distance. "Job's calling my name, see you later, Leonardo." She jumped off the rooftop.

"Wait! Can't I get your name first?" His voice echoed through the alleyway she had just jumped into.

"Check your belt, Lover Boy."

Confusedly, young Leonardo looked to his belt to see a piece of paper catching the wind. When he unfolded the white page, there was a single picture of a blue and white bird perched on a branch.

"Jay..." He grinned to himself.