4. Starr x Mikey

Supastarrguity

Mikey's Memory

Tiger Claw was back once again. The Foot clan was trying to take over the pier for whatever reason they had. The battle seemed to be never ending until we took began to take control of the situation. Starr managed to take out the remaining Footbots from behind me. Sparks flew from the robotic pieces of the soldiers that were scattered across the docks. Leo held Tiger Claw with his katana pointed at his throat.

"Go ahead. Kill me, turtle," He sneered, "Then you'll be just as much of a murderer as me. You'll be no better than me."

Leo pulled back his katana. "I'll never become you Tiger Claw."

"Showing mercy makes you weak." Tiger Claw spit some blood on the ground as he stood.

"No, showing mercy shows that I still have honor and humanity in me."

"Humanity? You're a talking turtle. There's nothing humane about that."

Leo stepped back. "And there's nothing humane about killing."

And that's when it happened.

Tiger Claw flew into the air. Before taking his leave, he turned to face us.

"Good riddance, imbeciles."

"Do you hear that?" Starr scanned our surroundings.

"Mikey move!" She pushed me into the water just as the massive containers behind me exploded.

I swam to the top of the water. "Starr no!"

Her body laid lifeless on the ground.

Present time (Still Mikey)

I held Starr's hand as the scene from nearly a week ago played in my head once more. She saved me. She risked everything for me. It's my fault she's in a coma. If I would've heard the bomb ticking, this would have never happened.

"Sometimes it's hard to pray." I sniffled as I moved some hair out of her face. "Sometimes it's hard to stay grateful."

"Starr you've given up everything for me without a second thought. All this time I've been scared to tell you how I feel, but now I'm scared I'll never get the chance to tell you."

Starr smiled at me. She took my hand and squeezed it once before turning her attention back to the constellations above. "The circumstance is in the plan."

She sighed. "Even if we don't fully understand why."

I gripped onto her hand slightly tighter. "You've always had a way with words, you know? If you were wake right now, you'd probably say something remarkable."

I lowered my head. "I just don't understand why the bad things happen to the good people."

~~~~~

"Hey Starr. So, um, it's been a few days since I've had a heart to heart with you. Most days I just sit here, hoping you'll wake up. Donnie said that I should be open minded to the worst case Cheerios, or something like that."

I laughed to myself and continued. "But I think he's wrong. You're going to wake up. I won't every give up on you. Every hero needs to rest every once in a while. If you ask me, I think you'll come back so healthy Raph won't even stand a chance against you during training."

"I remember the night when we were patrolling and got caught in the rain. I complained because my emergency pizza was getting wet, but of course you saw the bright side to things."

Starr laughed at the site of my soggy pizza. I still stuffed my mouth with the delicious food.

"Water or not, pizza is pizza." I shrugged, although I was still slightly disappointed.

"Well, you know what they say. 'Sometimes it rains, it's still a blessing.' And as always pizza is your blessing." She laughed that beautiful laughed that I grew to love.

I scratched the back of my neck. "What you don't know is that you are my blessing, Starr. I just need to come back to me."

~~~~~

"Hey, it's me again. If you can hear me I know you're probably wondering why I introduce myself every time I come in here. I really don't know, I guess I just get nervous around you. Donnie says that's what love does to people.

"Speaking of which, Donnie said you should be waking up soon. He said your vitals are improving. We just don't know when yet."

I shifted in my seat. "I'm hoping it's today. Seeing your smile would be the best early Mutation Day gift I could ever receive.

"Raph made me promise not to put any worms or algae in the cake this time because everyone is tired if it. We haven't had it for years, but it's okay. I'm sure you don't want to try it anyway. I'm thinking about making a three layered pizza cake. Topped with jelly beans. Do you like jelly beans?"

"Not... As much as you do." Another voice softly spoke up.

"Starr?"

"Hey, Mikey. How have you been?" She slightly sat up.

I jumped out of my seat and hugged her lightly. She giggled at my actions, but happily hugged me back.

"Looks like Donnie was right." I released her from the hug. "It's good to have you back."

"So, I've been listening to everything you've been say over the passed few days. And what you said about me saying remarkable things."

"Starr, I said that almost a month ago." I gave her a sad smile. "But I meant everything I said."

"Even the part about the Cheerios?" She laughed a little before coughing.

I grinned. "You know I'm not the best with big words. I'm still proud of myself for using 'remarkable' right."

We giggled a little before we sat in a temporary silence. I scratched my arm and sighed.

"Starr, I really like you. I have for a while, I was just always scared to tell you and when you got hurt I was scared I would never see your beautiful eyes again.

"I know this may not be the best timing, but would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I would, Mikey. Oh, and one more thing." She grabbed me by my mask tails and kissed me.

"Happy Mutation Day."