9.0 Raph x Esteff

@fuckmymorty

Crush
By Tessa Violet

Esteff was walking one evening when it happened.

She strolled through the streets of New York, phone in one hand and her bag of groceries in the other. She heard someone start shouting above her, followed by a series of metal on metal clashing. Looking up, she swore she saw a tiger's tail for a brief moment. Esteff knew that was none of her business, so she sipped on her drink and continued her walk home from the grocery store.

But the world clearly had other plans for her because the next thing she knew, a huge masked turtle landed roughly on the ground in front of her. She blinked, her body too in shock to properly respond.

The turtle held its head before looking up at her. "Uh, hey, dudette. Please don't scream."

"You can talk?" She managed to squeak out as she took a step back.

"Yeah, and we can talk too." Another turtle jumped down and landed next to the first one. He crossed his arms as his red mask tails fluttered in the wind. "Now get out of here."

Esteff wanted to argue with the rude turtle, but she figured he was probably right. She walked into the middle of a mutant fight, definitely not the place for her to be. She scurried off, flashing the two turtles a glance one last time.

Five steps later, she bumped into something. She furrowed her brows in confusion. Did she really just run into air? Suddenly, her wrist was snatched and a hog-like mutant held her in front of him.

"You really thought you could get away that easily?" Zeck, or Bebop as he is now known, yanked her into an alleyway.

Esteff screamed at the top of her lungs, hoping that the two turtles she had just met were good guys and would hear her cry for help. She punched at him and thrashed against his hold so hard that her glasses slipped off. That's when to other turtles and the orange masked one from earlier jumped down onto the scene.

"Let her go, Bebop. She's innocent." The blue masked one stepped forward.

"Stay back, turtle!" He repositioned his grasp on Esteff and held a knife up to her neck. "One more step and the brunette gets it!"

A second passed before something knocked Bebop out cold on the ground. Raph had jumped from the rooftop and used his stealth to take him out while his brothers distracted Bebop. The force of the blow knocked Esteff down too. The turtle who had just saved her lent out his hand to help her up.

He handed Esteff her glasses. "What are you doing walking around on your own this late?"

She positioned her frames on her face. "It's only seven."

"Actually," the purple masked turtle jumped in, "It's eight. Daylight savings time was this morning."

Esteff checked her phone. Like the turtle said, it was, in fact, eight o'clock. "Well, I needed to pick up some groceries for the house. I ran out of my favorites snacks. I'm Esteff by the way."

"Raph." The muscular turtle in front of you grunted before introducing the rest of his brothers. "Now, let's get you home before you get into any more trouble."

~~~~~

From that night on, Raph and Esteff have been inseparable. Both found themselves falling for the other, but were to afraid to tell each other. Everyone knew they liked each other, except for them. Raph found himself distracted during training. Esteff found her mind wondering to thoughts of Raph while doing homework or sitting in class.

One day in particular, Esteff was supposed to be working on her outline for her upcoming English paper, but instead she was looking at a picture of her and Raph in her phone. Her teacher came by, checking on everyone's progress.

Her teacher leaned in over her shoulder. "That's great photoshop. Almost looks realistic."

Esteff jumped and accidentally tossed her phone in the air. She scrambled to catch her device, blushing deeply. "Uh, yeah, thanks." She hurriedly returned to her paper before the teacher could say anything else to her.

Meanwhile, Raph was in a similar predicament. He was sparring against Leo. He had the upper hand and was close to finishing him off, but he quickly got distracted. Mikey was playing a video from his phone of the last tie they all hung out. In the video, Esteff was laughing at Mikey pranking Raph. At the sound of her voice, Raph quickly turned to the door, looking for Esteff. Leo punched him, not realizing in time that Raph had been distracted. He hit the ground with a heavy thud and a groan. Mikey and Donnie laughed, knowing why Raph had lost.

"Dude," Mikey said in between laughs, "why don't you just tell her that you like her. She likes you too."

Donnie nudged Mikey roughly in the side. "What he's trying to say is, she might like you back so you should talk to her."

"What makes you think I like her?" Raph grumbled as he stood back up.

Leo chuckles. "Raph, you literally get all flustered around her and can barely form a sentence sometimes. It's so obvious."

Raph sighed. "Is it really that bad?" All of his brothers nodded. "Maybe I should just avoid her then, so I don't have to keep embarrassing myself."

"Um, yeah, no. That's stupid." Mikey shook his head.

"Mikey's right." Donnie said. "By Darwin's beard, I never thought I'd say that again."

Raph rolled his eyes and turned towards his brothers. "What am I supposed to do then? Just casually go up to her and say, 'Esteff I really like you and I know I'm a big hot head but I'm a better me when you're around? I love everything about you, from your laugh to the way you push your glasses back on your nose when they're slipping off.' That's what you want me to say?"

Raph noticed his brothers were frantically trying to tell him to stop talking. "Let me guess, she's right behind me, isn't she?" He turned around nervously.

"Do you really like me, or were you just saying that?" Esteff blushed pink.

Raph sweat dropped. "I-uh, yeah. I mean no. No, I mean yes!" He facepalmed. "Yes, Esteff, I like you a lot and I don't know what to do."

Esteff smiled. "Well, you could ask me out." She shrugged. "That would be a nice start."

Raph blinked a few times. Did that mean she likes him back or was her sarcasm her way of brushing off what he just said to her? His mind was racing. He opened and closed his mouth a few times.

"Dude, you look like a fish. Just ask her out already." Mikey rolls his eyes.

"Shut up Mikey!" He growls at his brother before returning his glance to the girl he's been thinking nonstop about for the past six months. "Esteff, will you be my girlfriend?"

Esteff giggled. "Of course I will, hot-head. Do you always over think things this much?"

Raph walked up beside her and they began walking out the door, a light blush dusting both of their faces. "Only about important things that could turn out bad."

She shook her head, her short brown hair moving back and forth as she did so. "What else are you over thinking right now?"

Raph smirked. "I'm trying to decide whether I should kiss you or not. Any advice?"

Esteff put a finger up to her chin. "Hmm, I think you should."

They both laughed. Raph put his hand on her waist and pulled her in closer to him. She put her hands on his shoulders gently as they leaned in to kiss each other. Their lips met for a short kiss before they gained more confidence and kissed again, this time more passionate and for a longer period of time.