6. Diana x Raph

Grenade
By Bruno Mars

~Raph's PoV~

Easy come, easy go. That is the way Mona lives. One second, our relationship is everything I wanted it to be, the next I'm wondering if we even love each other anymore. Sure, we kissed, went on a few dates- and by dates I mean beating up guys like the Purple Dragons- and we'd trained together. Everything that I thought I wanted in a girlfriend.

Then the day came when I realized that being a warrior meant more to Mona than I did. Some nights she would stay out scanning the city after missions and patrol. Our "dates" became less frequent because having teammates is a liability. I was a liability.

The only reason I managed to somewhat cope through this relationship was because of my friend Diana. Granted, if Mona sees me spending time with her, she threatens to slice her throat out of jealousy. Yet, I refused to let that stand in the way of our friendship. She was my friend before I knew Mona, and I wasn't going to let Diana go.

Diana is a purple and blue mutant lizard with light purple hair flowing from her scalp. She was a highly trained Kunoichi that often assisted the team whenever she could. Everyone loved her and welcomed her with open arms the first day we'd met.

~~~~~

As usual, we were battling the Kraang. Things were going smoothly until Mikey accidentally set off the alarm that releases Justin. We all backed up as Justin crawled out of his cell block. He threw a glob of spit our way, causing us to disperse. I ran next to Mikey on the left side of the creature.

"Aw man, it's been like two years and I still don't have a good name for Justin yet!" Mikey complained as he dodged more spit.

"Really? That's what you're worried about?" I rolled my eyes and continued to fight Justin.

I charged at him, just for all four of us to be knocked away by his tentacles. He approached us until he suddenly got electrocuted. He fell over on his side to reveal a lizard mutant holding a Kraang electricity stick in her hand.

"These actually come in handy." She said as she helped us up. "I'm Diana."

~~~~~

As I previously said, Diana was the only reason I kept my sanity. When I ranted, she listened. When I needed advice, she was there to be my counselor.

"I just feel like I'm perfect for the circus. You know?" I paced back and forth in front of Diana as she sat crossed-legged on a rooftop. "Cause if she dared me, I'd do it. Every single time."

"You know what they say Raph, love makes you stupid." She gave me a small shrug.

I playfully glared at her before continuing. "I just feel so used. I gave up my whole tough guy ego for her, but she doesn't even care. I don't know how else I could possibly express my love to her. She never seemed satisfied with anything I did or with anything I try to do now."

"Have you thought about the possibility that you're coming close to the end of your relationship with her? I mean yeah you still like-"

"Love."

"Love her, but maybe the feeling isn't mutual anymore. Maybe she thinks it's complicating things." Diana looked up at me.

"Well she did call me a liability the other day." I stopped pacing.

~Diana's PoV~

I hated to see Raph so worked up about everything that has been going on with Mona lately. She's never around for him, but he's always there in a flash when she needs him. It doesn't even seem like she loves him anymore, and it pains me to see him go through this. He deserves better, and I'm not just saying that because I like him.