2.0 Human!Donnie x Reader

Better

By Khalid

~Donnie's PoV~

Raph and Mikey have been trying to convince Leo and me to go to a glow in the dark lazer tag party for one of their friends. After a week's worth of begging, we agreed.

Now, I was getting dressed and preparing to go to the Edge. I threw on a pair of khaki shorts, a white shirt, a hoodie and a pair of 12's:

(This is his outfit but in purple ofc)

Once I finished getting dressed, I descended down the steps to meet my brothers in the living-room

Once I finished getting dressed, I descended down the steps to meet my brothers in the living-room. Raph tossed me the keys.

"So, not only do I have to go out of my comfort zone, I have to drive too?" I grumble.

Mikey slapped a hand on my shoulder. "You know the rules, D. Last person ready has to drive!"

I rolled my eyes and proceeded tp the car. I started up the engine and was immediately met by one of the songs of the summer: Better by Khalid. I bobbed my head to the beat as the song started up. As my brothers filed into the car and I began driving, it turned into a whole karaoke session. 

I pulled into the parking lot. The four of us piled out of the car and excitedly entered the laser tag arena. The colorful lights flooded the building once we entered. The music boomed overhead. 

April and her friends ran up to us. "You guys made it!"

Leo looked at Mikey and Raph with an annoyed glare. "Why didn't you tell us the party was April's?"

Raph shrugged. "We knew you guys wouldn't want to risk losing to a bunch of girls, so we decided not to tell you."

"Yeah, because that's the reason why I'd rather stay inside on a Friday night." I roll my eyes.

I heard a someone giggle at what I said. Looking over, I saw one of April's friends smiling at me. She had (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin that glimmered in the lights. I grinned back at her, blushing slightly.

Mikey saved me from making a fool out of myself. "What are we waiting for? Let's go get this party started!"

After paying for a few rounds of laser tag, we were ushered into a room to pick teams.There were four teams: blue, red, yellow, and green. I'm sure it is obvious which teams Loe and Raph chose. I joined the green team as Mikey bounded for the yellow. April joined the yellow team. 

As the game began, I crept into a small corner that would optimize the amount of people I could tag. I grinned to myself as I watched as my score bumped up to first place. I aimed my laser at Leo, but found myself unable to shoot as my vest was temporarily disabled due to someone shooting me. 

I turned my head just in time to see a familiar (h/c) head disappear behind a wall. I slightly smirked to myself, planning my revenge. I small hole in the wall where she was hiding provided me the perfect opportunity. Just as she peeked her head out to tag me again, I shot her from behind, ducking and rolling away so she wouldn't see me.

The game continued on like that for a while. Her shooting me while I was focused on a different opponent, and me getting revenge on her as she tried to sneak away. As the countdown to the end of the game began. I searched for her, so I could get her back one last time. Just as the timer hit one, I pointed my laser gun at her at the same time she pointed hers at me. Both of our suits flashed, signaling the end of the game.

She laughed. "You know I would have hit you first right?"

I joined in on her laughter and trash talk. "Highly unlikely. I was definitely about to take you out."

We walked side-by-side as we found the exit. 

"So, what's your name, purple stranger?" She asked me as she put her vest back into its holder.

I stuttered a bit, before I finally managed to say,"Donatello, but everyone calls me Donnie. And you are?"

"I'm y/n. I'm assuming you're the Donnie April talks about all the time. The next Einstein, huh?" She inquired jokingly.

I blushed again. "I-I don't know about Einstein. I have yet to reach his level of brilliance. I think I'm just your average, everyday, robotics nerd."

"I find that hard to believe, considering I hear your name over the announcements for math team competitions all the time."

We continued our walk to meet up with the rest of our crew. "You're one to talk. I always hear your name for (activity)."

April ran up to us. "I have to go to the bathroom. Y/n, will you come with me?"

Y/n nodded. "I'll be back to whoop you in laser tag again, Donnie."

I grinned, for what felt like the thousandth time today. "In your dreams, y/n."

I sat at a table with my brothers. They watched as the rest of the girls in our group scurried after April and y/n towards the bathroom. Raph crossed his arms and sat back in his seat. "I'll never understand why girls go to the bathroom in groups."

Mikey leaned across the table towards me. "Speaking of girls," he wiggled his eyebrows, "I see you an y/n are hitting it off pretty nicely."

"S-shut up, Mikey! She nice and all, but I doubt she likes me. We've known each other for thirty minutes, which was spent shooting each other with lasers."

Mikey gushed more. "Next tie, you'll be getting shot with an arrow,"He mimicked shooting an arrow, "of love~."

Leo and Raph made kissy faces at me in the background. I rolled my eyes as I felt my face heat up. "Real mature guys. I mean, I like her, but it's too soon to tell."

Leo smirked. "I can hear the wedding bells already."

Before I could respond, the girls came back. I noticed y/n was blushing slightly. April nudged her. "Who's ready for the next round?"