Clues

Nayeon's PoV

So, Dinner.

Just like as she said,  it was in her apartment. It made me a little nervous this time while cutting some onions knowing she's just a few feet away from me. Although we're close to one another, I can still feel her being distant even those times she tries to approach me. I was glancing at her busy in filleting the chicken,  when her gaze unknowingly met mine–

"Yes?" she mumbled.

"N–nothing." I grinned at her and that made her look back on what she was doing. I sighed my frustration out. I was supposed to do something for her but the schedule was so tight like mthrfckr, I want to rest.

Whenever I'm at the hotel– days ago, I was practicing to bake and taking quick classes. I just thought of making pastries for her since the project has already started and I want to try something new. Aside from being Mina's Eonni to be with her in her previous meetings,  Mike is interrupting my very own shopping of cooking utensils and ingredients moment. When we met at the supermarket, that's the moment he starts to bombard me at the hotel.

I was busy murmuring to myself until a gentle hand, caressed my waist.

"Are the onions done?"

"Y-yes?"

She chuckled and took the cutting board in front of me and left. Phew! God,  being this near to her and to say that she's not drunk brings a new challenge in my life. Challenge to keep my breathing normal.

She's busy in cooking while I cleared the mess on the table. We were undeniably quiet, but atleast there's no awkwardness in it.

"Are you going to do something?" she asked while peaking at me.

"For now, nothing. Why? Is there something you want me to do?"

"Ah yes. Can you check something on my car? I think I placed my old phone there and never got it a week ago."

That's why I can't reach her. After those tries in calling her and sending her messages, she hasn't replied even once.

"Sure. Just a moment." I forced a smile and hurried my way out of the kitchen, and took her keys with me and went down.

After Elle came she never used her car and just left in the parking lot, dusted.
I opened her car,  and starts to look for her phone.

Oh.  Here it is–

I took it out of the small parcel and went back. The moment when I was only a few meters away, why in the world do I have to hear Jeongyeon and Elle talking to one another again?

This world is so cruel.

I walked pass her and placed the phone on the table. I saw her took a glimpse at me and a moment after,  she ended the call.

I felt so.. damn heavy. I ended up in the fridge and took some water to calm my senses. My ears are getting hotter and my eyes too. Why do I always have to cry in losing hope that we can't fix this? Why do I have to be this weak. Crap!

Dead silence followed even after we eat. I offered myself to wash the dishes and she went off to the living room to check on her drafts. After doing everything needed to be done, I made some coffee for her knowing she needs one when she works.

I went off the bedroom since there's no sign of her in the living room.

She was leaning on her chair while scanning her draft, I bet she's tired already. I placed the coffee  in front of her and placed my hands on her shoulders.