F O R T Y T H R E E

Nate

I've stepped through these doors everyday for the past several years, but it's never felt as exhilarating as it does right now. I know that as I step through these doors, So does Daisy. She's finally home and I finally intend to make her mine.

She's been away from me for three months unintentionally, and I don't want a single day away from her. I've missed her presence, I've missed being able to capture her beauty when I'm cooking, and I miss lying beside her in bed. I intend to have all of her tonight.

A sigh of relief sounded behind me, and I turned to see Daisy with a content smile plastered across her face as she squeezed her eyes shut. "It smells like home."

My heart soared at her words. She considered this her home. It had been her home for months now, but I wasn't sure if she actually considered it that. The arrangement was only encouraged by her ordeal involving Robert. Without Roberts actions, she'd still be in her small town house. Part of me was thankful she had to move in here, but I wish it was under better circumstances. I wish I could have asked her because it was finally time for her to move in - not that it wasn't, I just wish that had been the case.

I hadn't realised I was staring at her until she pinched my cheeks. "Nate?" She giggled. "What's wrong?"

"Sorry," I shook my head, embarrassed. "I was just... looking at you."

She gave me a small, sweet kiss on the lips, smiling, then headed towards Hopes bedroom. She was on her shoulder fast asleep.

I made my way into our room, the cold and lonely aura completely vanished, and sorted through her hospital bag. We'd taken a few things for her, such a clothes and toiletries, once she had woken up so there wasn't much to sort. Relief washed over me for the hundredth time as I placed the last pair of leggings in the wash, being reminded that she was finally home and better - well, she had a scar, we lost our baby, and Robert was still roaming the streets, but she was alive and with me. She was no longer on life support, fighting for her life.

As I shut the drawer to my casual clothing - sweats and t-shirts - Daisy watched me from the door frame.

"I've been asleep - dead even? - I'm not even sure, but I haven't been here and I've missed you so god damn much." Her voice filled with emotion, breaking at parts where she was holding back tears. She raced across the room to me, as fast as she could with her injury, and pounced.

My arms freely wrapped around her, tightening as they finally found their missing place - on her body, caressing her, holding her. She was my everything.

I wanted so bad to devour her body, rip her clothes off and fuck her like there's no tomorrow, but I couldn't with her being so fragile - despite how much she might pretend she's fine.

I placed her gently on the bed, our lips glued together and tongues dancing in celebration. She tasted so sweet, so perfect, so Daisy. I'd missed our passionate kisses. I'd missed her hands roaming up my back and shoulders like she was doing now, nails biting into the skin as she held on like I was about to leave. Never baby. I was never leaving you.

I parted our mouths, rubbing my nose against hers while gazing into her eyes. Our breaths were heavy and needy, just like her eyes. Every inch of her made my heart contract and my chest tighten, but also made me feel complete.

"Nate, I need you." She ran her fingers through my hair, tightening and loosening every so often. Her eyes shut as a desperate, pained expression crossed her face. "Please."

"I just wanted to admire what was mine, baby. You have no idea how much I've missed you. My mind has travelled top speed, twenty four seven. My heart felt empty and so did my whole world. I don't want to make you wait, I just can't help look at you. You're so beautiful."

Silent tears rolled down her cheeks and I kissed each one away.

"I don't think I'll ever love anyone the way I love you - in fact, I know I won't." She cried, pulling my lips back to hers.

This wasn't how I wanted to do it. But it felt like such the right moment, that I had to. I pulled the box out my pocket, and pulled her left hand while sliding the ring on. She broke our kiss, a crease formed between her eyebrows, looking down at where I just made my official proposal.

Her hands shook and she sobbed as she stared astonished at her hand for a little longer.

"I asked you, remember?"

She nodded, unable to speak from so much emotion rolling through her.

"And I remember, you said yes." I kissed the ring on her hand, holding it to my heart. "Daisy, I've never loved someone like you. I've never encountered someone like you. I can't explain it, but my heart needs you. My whole body needs you. And I definitely cannot live without you, baby. I want you as Mrs Clarke and I want Hopes name changed too, I want to officially adopt her, and I want to make so many babies with you." We both giggled at the last bit. "Please be my wife? Be mine forever and always."

"Y-yes." Erratic sobs came falling, so I lunged at her.

Our hands made quick work of our clothes, aggressive and animalistic, but careful enough not to affect her scar. As soon as her body was lay bare for me, soft skin glowing and beautiful, I descended a trail of kisses as my hands caressed her all over. Where my lips couldn't be, my hands would.

I licked and nipped at her collar bone, my hands teasing her breasts. The feel of her on my skin was sending tiny shocks to my cock. I was itching to be inside her already.

"Keep going, further down." She gasped as my mouth finally reached her navel. Her legs were jittering, toes curling and she couldn't keep still. I smirked at how much she wanted me.

Tiny whimpers and rapid breaths escaped as my tongue finally made contact with her apex. I teased initially, revelling the sweet smell and taste of her arousal, before plunging my tongue inside her. A loud moan, alongside a shudder, filled the room.

Fuck, I missed her. There's nothing better than making love to this woman. I wouldn't have her any other way.

"Don't stop, don't stop, don't stop." She chanted under her breath, gripping the sheets and rocking into me. Her release flooded my tongue and I groaned against her, sending added vibrations through her while she screamed my name over and over. My name had never sounded so good coming from her mouth, until now.

I had the urge to flip her over and fuck her so hard, gripping her hair, but I knew I couldn't. I wasn't about to risk her being in anymore pain, so instead I hovered over her and placed my tip at her centre. Our lips briefly met, a hum of enjoyment vibrating against my mouth as I slowly entered her.

"I love you, so much, Nate-" Her sentence trailed off into a ferocious moan, her head slumping back onto the bed.

I drove into her, holding back. But she protested. Her guttural cries and pleas for me to go harder hit me intensely. I wanted so bad to, but I was too concerned I'd hurt her.

"Baby, please. I'm fine. You won't hurt me." As she said it, her heels dig into my ass and pushed me further. I gripped her waist and upped my speed. Sweat built on my head and back as a phenomenal feeling shot through me. It was enforced from the sight of Daisy about to orgasm for the second time, only this time it would be all over my cock. The thought always aroused me, making me desperate for release.

I gazed at her face, eyelashes fluttering and mouth slightly parted, as she tightened around me. She spilled all over me as I did in her. I kept slowly rocking inside her, wanting to stay like it forever, until I eventually slumped down beside her.

The loss of contact for two seconds was too much, and I pulled her against me. "So, Mrs-Clarke-to-be," She giggled at me. "When are we setting a date?"

I didn't want to rush her, especially with a divorce from Robert needed first, but I just wanted to make her mine. And after that, I knew for certain it had to be soon. I'd missed her way more than I ever expected.

Now, all we had to do was find Robert and live happily ever after.