T H I R T Y T H R E E

"Where could he be?" "Have you got a trail on him?""Do you know anything?"

"Have you got a trail on him?"
"Do you know anything?"

I listened to a fuming Nate throw question after question at the detective like a game of catch, only the detective wasn't having any fun playing at all. In fact, I could hear him sighing with annoyance at every question. Most likely because he didn't know the answer.

Hope had been taken out and was being watched by one of the police officers. Nate refused to leave until he was adamant she was one hundred percent safe, and in the right arms.

Since I'd fainted, everything had been hectic. Especially Nate. And right now I was too exhausted to take control, but I had to before he spiralled. I needed him, he was the light that helped me find my way, and without him I'd be terrified that Robert could get me again.

I never intended for that to happen before. I was going to meet him, manipulate him, and hopefully Nate would of got there on time. That's why I left my phone in the apartment. But Robert was too clever. He got me before I even rounded the corner, and after that everything went black. My heart still stung a little at what he did to me and Hope, and nausea settled in my stomach.

"Nate" I called, but my voice was too quiet and dry.

I coughed away the dryness and tried again. "Nate"

His head turned in a flash. "Baby?" He rushed over to me in another panic. His eyes wide and dilated.

"I'm fine, I just need you to calm down"

A flash of shock went across his face. "What do you mean?" He was pissed.

"I mean, I need you to leave the detective to get on with his job. I need you and you're no good to me like this"

Stroking his face, I looked into his beautiful eyes. They were sparkling from tears, and full of worry. I hated seeing him so stressed, he didn't deserve this.

"I'm sorry" he leaned his head against mine. "I'm just so worried baby, I won't let him hurt you again" the tiny sniffle at the end was to stop his tears, but one still silently dropped. I swiped it away.

"I know baby. It's why I need you to leave the detective and be with me"

He firmly nodded.

"Me, Hope, and our beautiful baby need you"

He smiled back, rubbing his hand softly over my tummy in circles like there was already a bump and I was about to pop. His excitement was heartwarming.

"Daisy, we're going to find him don't worry. But for now, I suggest you stay home. Hope too" the detective informed me, giving me a sad smile. "I'll see you tomorrow. I'll pop by to give you any updates"

"Thank you, Detective"

He nodded and left the room just as the doctor reappeared at the doorway.