T W E N T Y O N E

After packing most our clothes, toiletries, and any other necessities, Nate drove back to his apartment

"I know I've asked," he began, and turned to look at me. "But are you sure?"

"Yes, I've never been so sure in my life" I looked back at Hope, who was having an afternoon nap, then back to Nate. He was smiling endlessly, his eyes sparkling with joy.

It hadn't fully sunk in what we were about to do. Over a month ago I couldn't even trust myself to have a friendship with him, never mind date him, and now I was moving in with him. Somehow my trust had magically grown for him, along with my feelings.

I always thought - after leaving Robert - that I would never trust again. In fact, I even told myself it was too risky to trust again, until Nate came along. He'd sparked a whole new life inside me; he's made me want things I never thought I was capable of again. How is it possible someone can make you feel that way?

"Here's an idea" he said, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Invite Amanda over, I'll invite Jack and we'll have dinner with them"

He pulled into the car park of his apartment as I pulled my phone out to text her. I didn't even answer him.

Chuckling he looked over at me and said, "I take that as a yes"

"Yes baby" I leaned over and kissed him before he could even comprehend what I was about to do.

He pulled back slightly, "That make you happy baby?" He caressed my face as he searched my eyes.

"Yes, you have no idea" I looked down as I remembered all the times I couldn't have friends over with Robert. I lost most of them in the end, so I was left with just him - of course now I can see that was his plan all along. But to know that I can have friends over, share them with Nate - and vice versa - was perfect.

"I'll give you whatever you want baby, anything"

My heart felt like an explosion of love had erupted, sprinkling a dust of joy through my body. I didn't need everything, I just needed his love, but to know he was willing to provide me whatever I wanted so I could be happy, was enough to make my insides tingle with joy.

"I love you" I whispered against his lips.

We rode the elevator to his apartment, with Hope cradled in his arms. He asked the hotel assistant to help with our luggage. He said he just wanted to get me alone, and hauling the luggage up would prolong it.

"I forgot," he said as he opened the door. "My parents are hosting a dinner for their anniversary - well like a party"

That sounded fancy.

"I want you and Hope there" he looked at me with hope etched on his face, I couldn't say no - I didn't want to anyway - but I was a little wary about Hope. She would get restless.