F O U R T E E N

The warm soft breeze wove through my loose curly strands, as they floated behind me

The warm soft breeze wove through my loose curly strands, as they floated behind me. Hopes hair was in a neat pony tail, yet she still had clumps of hair slapping her in the face. Her tiny little lips were pressed together to blow away the strays in her mouth. She made an unattractive noise, it almost sounded similar to blowing a raspberry, as her face scrunched up in disgust. She earnt an amused look from me, and even a tiny laugh as I selfishly watched her try to overcome the wind. Eventually, I pulled the strands away from her face. She rewarded me with a huge, vibrant smile – eyes squinting as she attempted to look up at me – as well as a "Thank you mommy" from her sweet like candy voice.

Unashamedly I'd matched us in similar clothing: she had a pink, halter neck sun dress with jelly white sandals, while I had a lowcut pink sun dress on also with white sandals; only difference was the material of our shoes as mine had a leather strap crossing the middle, and my dress was slightly darker than hers. Nevertheless, she looked cute and I looked stylish. Unfortunately there was still a breeze lingering, causing my dress to betray me by showing the whole world my knickers. Really not cool. So I was fighting a losing battle of looking casual – or even normal – as we walked hand in hand down the street with my free hand jumping every few seconds to grab the hem. Unsurprisingly Hope felt the situation was hilarious. Her tiny body jiggled as she released a ginormous giggle from her belly, while her eyes were almost drowning in uncontrollable tears. Still the sweet sound of her giggle left me laughing too, despite how much I wanted to crawl into the next drain after the innocent old lady passing had just almost witnessed under my dress. My arm flinched to instantly keep it in place, almost elbowing the poor woman. "Sorry" I muttered – more to the floor than to her – as her face morphed into disgust. Luckily we had arrived at the tiny little coffee shop from the other day.

'Brandy's bakes' was the name in black cursive writing against a baby pink background. It had the pretty circular logo on each of the three windows down the side of the shop. It smelt like heaven from outside the door, hypnotising me into a magical land full of cakes and coffee. Tugging on the glass door, allowing Hope to enter first, I scanned the room for Nate. It took me roughly two point five seconds for my eyes to reach their destination, instantly locking with a pair of alluring, icy blue, irises. My body felt like it was being hypnotised, I couldn't think, my mind had fell empty, apart from all thoughts Nate – and Hope of course, my mind hadn't become completely unaware of my surroundings. I just wasn't interested in anything else. All the aromas sweeping past my nose from the freshly baked chocolate Eclairs, or doughnuts, as well as the strong sweet smell of the caramel latte I was desperate to order, had vanished. The only thing I craved now was Nate. I wanted the taste of his sweet, soft lips; the aroma of his masculine scent; and the heat from his touch. He was my own personal caramel latte that I wanted to drink up a thousand times a day. All day, every day.

I noticed he was wearing a causal attire of tight fitting denim shorts, as a consequence of the weather giving me full eye candy of his muscular toned legs, styled with a navy blue t-shirt which matched his eyes perfectly, despite being a little darker. I wasn't ashamed to stare, he was gorgeous. His whole body was perfectly sculpted like it was personally made for me. His hair was dishevelled, but it made him look handsome. It didn't look messy like he'd just got out of bed, but more like it was naturally like this.