T E N

I was lucky to find Daisy

I was lucky to find Daisy. She might not of been there if I'd gone an hour later, or earlier. Maybe that was a sign? Or maybe it meant nothing because she still hadn't text, and it had been over an hour.
I know I gave her the option when she was ready, but I was so desperate for a response.

I'd been sitting on my king sized bed staring up at the ceiling, and imagining those lush lips, and beautiful curves I could devour. I'd never been so intrigued by a woman, and it made it worse knowing I couldn't have her.

My phone vibrating in my back pocket shot my body to standing position. I didn't want to look. What if it was her? What if she said no? What if she said yes? What if it's not her?

I shut my eyes, let out a much needed deep breath, and then looked.

Mom

As much as I love my dear mother, I'm still disappointed it isn't Daisy.

Now she was calling. Jesus.

"Hey mom, are you okay?" I put on my best happy voice so she knew I wanted to talk.

"Hello my dear, I was just calling because we have that dinner next month and you can bring a plus one."

Shit I forgot about that.

The dinner was more like a ball. It was for dad and moms anniversary, but they were hiring out a huge place for it. I don't see the point, their house would of been perfect enough, but they insisted on something big.

Now I've got to bring someone. I can't not now she's gave me the option.

"Of course mother thank you for letting me know"

The only woman I could think of was Daisy. There would be no other woman ideal.

My heart sank when I realised that was a long shot. I had no chance unless she agreed to this date, and that was looking unexpected.

"You don't sound yourself Nathanial what's wrong?"

God I hated my full name.

"Nothing mom I'm just tired, I think I need an early night"

I tried to sound normal, like I was telling the truth, but mom knows me.

"I don't want to push, I know you hate talking about things, but I'm here if you need me darling"

I felt like I was betraying her. She deserved the truth from me, and I couldn't even give her that. If I did she would only give me false hope.

"Thanks mom, I'm gonna go make some tea and go bed"

That wasn't a lie. The way I was feeling, I needed a long shower and to drop into bed.

"Okay I'll see you at the dinner"