Chapter 16. Latin King

I stood across the dark street with a smirk on my face. I knew nobody could see me. I was dressed all in black. I had on a long black trench coat, black jeans, and a black tank top.

There was a streetlamp just several feet away. I walked out into the halo of light so the bastard could see me. I gave him an evil smile.

His gaze locked with mine. He stared at me, dumbfounded. He was going to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

I gave him a cocky smile and blew him a kiss. I wanted him to see me. I wanted him to know it was me who had set him up. I was the reason he was being put in handcuffs.

The cop pushed him against the back of the squad car and read him his Miranda rights. The lights of several cop cars danced across the streets and buildings.

"Do you need a ride home?" One of the officers asked me.

I smiled sweetly at him. "No, thanks. I can make my own way." I turned around and headed down the dark street. I raised my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" A deep voice asked.

"It's done," I said.

"Be right there."

I continued to walk to the end of Fifth Avenue. A black Camaro pulled up. I threw the door open and climbed inside.

Jesse turned to look at me. "Things must have gone according to plan?"

"They did," I smiled widely.

Jesse gave me a high five, and he sped down the dark street and out of sight.

When we got back to the mansion, everyone was in the study, where I asked them to wait. I wanted to tell them what happened.

I opened the study door.

"Oh, Mia, thank god. What is going on?" Aria asked. Aria rose to her feet as concern filled her features.

"Everything is fine. Sit down so that I can explain," I said. I gestured for Aria to take a seat. I propped myself on the edge of the desk and crossed my legs.

Everyone stared at me in wonder except for Jesse. Jesse was the only person who knew exactly what happened.

"You've been acting off for the past few days, Mia," Ace said. His forehead wrinkled.

"I know because I couldn't tell you what was going on. I was working with the cops," I said.

"What?!" Aria exploded. She jumped to her feet. Her eyes grew furious.

Everyone's jaws dropped.

"Aria, let her explain," Jesse said sternly.

"I'm no snitch. It's nothing like that. However, by tomorrow morning, Angel should walk a free man," I said. I wasn't surprised Aria jumped to that conclusion. I knew how it looked.

"How?" Ace asked doubtfully. Ace eyed me suspiciously.

"The day after the wedding I received a letter. It was similar to a ransom note. The person in the letter stated they were the main witness, and they would take back their statement if I agreed to some things," I explained.

"Oh, no, Mia. You shouldn't–" Austin started, but I interrupted.

"I didn't, not exactly. The person wanted money. The thing about the letter was that I knew the handwriting," I said.