Chapter 2. Steroids Are Illegal

"Hi, mami. Did you miss me?" Angel asked sarcastically as he lowered his sunglasses. All of his clothes were as black as his hair. He wore a trench coat, t-shirt, jeans, and boots. The t-shirt he wore clung to his muscular chest.

"Um," I breathed. What is he doing here? Is this a dream? I bit down hard on my bottom lip. Oh, god, it is real. I stumbled back slightly. I looked back to see Zayden and Brad's confused faces.

Angel's eyes locked with Zayden's, then flickered to mine. Angel took in my outfit. "I guess not," Angel said and chuckled.

Cecilia knew who he was. Concern filled her features.

"What are you doing here?" I murmured.

"We need to talk..." he trailed off and eyed the others behind me. "Privately, of course."

"You know what? I actually have plans, sorry," I said. I crossed my arms over my chest.

His eyes swept over my body.

I suddenly felt as if I weighed five hundred pounds under his gaze. All of my muscles became rigid.

"Right, sorry about your plans, but that isn't happening," Angel said. "Come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I snapped.

"Man, why don't you get lost? She doesn't want to talk to you," Zayden growled. Zayden took a step forward.

Angel's head snapped up, and his eyes locked with Zayden's. Angel's eyes became murderous. A low growl built up in his chest.

Oh, shit.

Angel reached out and grabbed me. He spun me around, so my back was against his chest. He wrapped his arm tightly around my waist.

My eyes widened, and the air escaped my lungs. I gripped tightly onto his hand, which was on my waist. I tried to force it away, but it was no use.

Zayden, Brad, and Cecilia started to move toward me quickly, but they stopped.

Angel kept a hold of me around the waist as he raised a gun at them.

I looked up at him in shock. "Angel!" I gasped. "What the hell are you doing?!" I looked back to my friends, and all their faces were horror-struck.

"I don't have time to deal with your shit today, mami," Angel sneered. He took a step back.

The other three had their hands in the air as if in surrender.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt her. I would never hurt her. However, I could care less about what happens to any one of you. The first one of you to get brave and follow us is going to be eating a fucking bullet for supper," Angel growled at them.

My lips parted in shock. Oh, hell. He is crazier than I remember.

Zayden took a step forward.

"Zayden, don't!" I shrieked. I knew that Angel meant what he said to them. Angel has killed people before.

"Listen, man. Whatever this is about, I'm sure it can be resolved without a gun, okay?" Zayden spoke calmly as he took another step toward us and raised out his hand.

The gun went off.

Zayden dropped to the floor and hissed in pain.

"Oh my god, Angel!" I started to scold him.