Chapter 7. A Mistake

When I got home, I walked into the study. Anger rose up in my chest. My thoughts of Mia were long gone. I had tunnel vision, which was set on Anatoly.

Jesse followed after me. "What are you going to do?" Jesse asked.

"I'm going to give the idiot a chance to bring back my guns. If he doesn't, I'll be going over there and collecting them," I said sharply. I sat down at the desk and dialed his number.

Jesse sat across from me as I listened to Anatoly's phone ring. Jesse was looking at me doubtfully. We had no backup, but I didn't care. I was going tonight with or without Jesse, and I would retrieve my artillery or money.

"Still alive, Angel?" Anatoly chuckled darkly. "Not bad. You are much like your parents, I must say."

An arrogant smile played on my lips as I spoke. "You are about to find out just how much I am like my parents. You have two choices. You will give me the guns back, or you will pay me."

He laughed. "I'm not scared of some bratty teenager. You're only what eighteen? You have little to no experience of anything," he growled.

"That was the same mistake people made with my mother and then..." I trailed off. "She killed them." I hung up the phone and slammed it down onto the receiver.

This son of a bitch was about to find out who he was dealing with. I was basically half of my mom and half my dad, which made me a very dangerous person. Personally, I wouldn't want to fuck me over. Latin Kings aren't forgiving; we aren't wired that way.

"Look, Jesse, if you don't want to come, I get it," I said. It was Jesse's first run. "If you think this run was scary, though, maybe it should be your last. You don't have to become one of us."

Jesse stared back at me in disbelief. "I already am one of you. I'm not scared, man. I just didn't want something to happen to you. You're fine, though." He shrugged. "I'm game, let's go hunt some Russians," Jesse said with an evil smile.

***

I threw open the massive study doors. Anatoly was sitting at his desk. As soon as I walked in, I smiled like a lunatic and waved at him.

His expression twisted from shock to horror.

His wife was sitting on a couch. She gasped, and her eyes widened in shock.

Before Anatoly even had a chance to move, I turned in a blur. I raised my gun and fired.

The bullet hit his wife right between the eyes. She slumped against the back of the couch. Blood splattered the back of the sofa and the window behind her.

"You little son of a bitch!" He shouted and stood up. I turned pointed the gun at his shoulder and fired a shot.

Anatoly fell back into his desk chair and groaned in pain. He clutched his shoulder and bent over slightly.

"Come on, man. Don't talk about my mama like that." I strolled over to the chair across from his desk and sat down. "Piece of advice get some new guards. They saw me coming at them, and they bolted. I did you a favor, though, I killed them. They were complete pussies." I shook my head in fake disbelief. "Let me make something clear. If you don't pay me or give me the guns, your son is next. I'll kill everything you love, and you will watch. I killed your wife nicely. Your son won't be so lucky. I'll torture him."

Anatoly gave me a disbelieving look but didn't speak. The fact that he thought I was kidding led me to believe he really was a moron.

"Jesse," I said in a flat tone.