Chapter 3. Destroy Me

"Angel!" Mia hissed and smacked me in the head with a pillow.

Damn, it wasn't a dream? I peeked up at the gorgeous girl that was in my bed hovering over me. I groaned and turned over. I grabbed Mia and pulled her into me.

"Shut up and go back to sleep," I murmured in her ear. I was having a fantastic dream and wasn't ready to wake up yet. If I fell back asleep quick enough, maybe I would go back to where the dream left off.

"Angel, I have to get home," she pleaded. "They found out I wasn't at Emily's. Please!" She squirmed beneath me. Her flowery smelling shampoo had me feeling impaired.

"Ugh, seriously? Damn it," I said carelessly. I still made no attempt to move.

"My dad will find me," she squeaked.

"Let's go," I grunted and opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and threw the blanket off of us.

She jumped out of bed. I grabbed a shirt and pulled it over my head. We headed down the stairs to the foyer.

A voice cleared behind us.

Oh shit–I turned to face my dad.

"Hi," I muttered.

My dad's eyes danced in amusement. "Have a nice night?" Dad asked.

Mia stared at my dad with a horror-struck expression. She was completely speechless. A deep blush crept into her cheeks.

"Well, it definitely wasn't a bad one." I smiled. I could already tell I was off the hook.

"I bet not," Dad looked pointedly at Mia. "Emily is here too?" His gaze flickered back to mine.

"How'd you guess?" I chuckled and wiggled my eyebrows.

He shrugged. "You are my boy." My dad meant that I acted just like him. "Get her home," Dad pointed at Mia. "Make sure Emily gets out of here soon too."

"Could we like..." I trailed off. "Not tell Mom?"

Dad tilted his head side to side as if weighing his options. "We could probably keep this one between us." Dad winked at me. "Hurry up and get back here, though. We have shit to do today."

Mia stared at my father in astonishment.

I grabbed her and pulled her toward the garage. My other hand wrapped around the key to my Corvette.

She gasped when she saw the Corvette. "Wow, this is your car too?" She asked. Her eyes were filled with admiration.

"Yeah, I have a few," I said as we climbed in.

She looked around the car. Her eyes were lit up. "Your dad seems cool. Is there a catch? Most dads aren't that awesome," Mia said.

"My parents are..." I trailed off, looking for the right word. "Different."

Her eyebrows raised questioningly. "Right," she snorted. "Crazy?"

"Sometimes," I said.

She chuckled. "Your dad is scary."

"Very."

"You don't say much."

"I'm a man of few words."

"Drop me off a couple of blocks from my house," she said sternly.