The Bad Things

My mother always told me not to play with fire, but how could I not when that fire burned inside of me? The closer I got, the hotter it burned. The fire burned my insides and melted the heart that I once believed was frozen. If it's wrong, why does it feel so right?

How could a heart break and be fixed to shine? He made it beat again, that cold heart of mine. Love isn't kind; it's cruel. Love isn't honest; it lies. But the bad things he did to me made me put everything else aside.

Love is blind, or so they say, let him blind me; it'll be okay. In the morning, I should leave, but I know that I will stay because he made me feel a different way.

I made a vow to hate all men, but he made it impossible. His intentions were pure. I saw it in his eyes. He couldn't do any wrong, not in my eyes. How could anyone expect me to ever tell him goodbye?

The fire rippled through my chest. I couldn't control it, not even at my best. Momma, help me. I think there is something wrong with me. This devilish boy is doing bad things to me. You said, don't play with fire, and lord knows I tried not to, but the only one who can put it out is this boy I've grown attached to. From friends to lovers, as we snuck under the covers. I hope it lasts. I never want it to be over.