Chapter 14. Nobody Move

The bachelorette party didn't involve any strippers, much to Cecilia's disappointment. We decided to bar hop. Most of the women that were at the dinner rehearsal came with us. I didn't want to do the bachelorette party, to begin with. It was Jesse and Adelina's idea. I would have rather been home with Angel.

Since the girls were with their mom, they were able to drink. We danced and drank, then switched clubs and did it again. People were handing me all kinds of shots.

By the time I had a strong buzz, I stopped and started rejecting the drinks. I didn't want to get too messed up.

I was going back to the mansion. The boys would go back there too, but I wasn't allowed to stay in the same room as Angel.

It was supposedly bad luck. I didn't mind not breaking this one rule. I wasn't usually superstitious, but I didn't exactly have a run of good luck.

When we got home, I staggered into the kitchen to eat something to sober up a bit. I didn't want to be hungover on my wedding day. I would save the drinking binge for the reception.

When I was finished eating the turkey sandwiches that I made, I headed upstairs. The hallway was dark. I was one of the last ones to bed and possibly one of the soberest. I was pretty sure the boys weren't home yet.

I changed into pajamas and climbed into bed. I curled up under the blanket on Angel's side of the bed. I wasn't used to sleeping without him, and the bed still smelt like him. I inhaled deeply and buried my face further into the pillow.

I'm going to be a married woman tomorrow—The thought astonished me still. I couldn't wrap my head around it. I was happy that Ace agreed to walk me down the aisle, but I wished it would have been my dad.

Between the alcohol and the route my thoughts took, I started to cry. I sobbed heavily into the pillow.

Suddenly I felt the bed shift. I gasped and looked up. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was Angel.

"Why are you crying, mami?" Angel murmured.

"I-I'm not," I choked. "What are you doing in here? You were supposed to sleep in the other room."

He snorted. "Yeah, right, if I'm not in here with you, I won't get any sleep. I'm so used to cuddling up to you. Besides, it's probably a good thing I came in." He said the last part as he wiped his thumb across my cheek. He stared at me, questioningly.

"It's bad luck," I argued.

"Really? You're not the superstitious type, mami. What's really going on?" He asked as he trailed his hand up my thigh. His face was only an inch from mine.

I could tell he had drunk quite a bit, but like me, he didn't get drunk. He must not have wanted to be hungover either.

I sighed. "Better safe than sorry. I don't have a good run of luck."

"My luck isn't usually too bad," he said and smirked.

I couldn't argue with him. It was a waste. He would stay in here no matter what I said. The truth was, I didn't think I would be able to sleep without him either. Most of the time, when we were apart, we stayed up on the phone all night talking.

"Are you going to tell me?" He asked worriedly.

I didn't want him to think I had cold feet. I didn't want him to think that it was about him at all, so I answered him. "I was thinking about my dad," I said.