Chapter 7. A Mistake

Start from the beginning

Jesse strolled in with Anatoly's fifteen-year-old son. Jesse pushed Anatoly's son to the floor and pointed a gun at the back of his head.

"You won't get away with this!" Anatoly roared.

"Hmm," I hummed. "I think I will. I'm making this simple for you. Pay me, or I will torture your son while you watch. I'll also go get your oldest son, and you'll watch him die a painful death too." I tilted my head side to side as if to weigh Anatoly's options. "If I were you, I'd just pay me." I shrugged.

Anatoly made no effort to speak, and he didn't move. He looked at his son as if he was debating it.

"Do you really fucking think that I'm kidding?" I shouted. My chest rose and fell quickly from anger. I didn't hesitate to prove I wasn't playing games. I stood up immediately, spun around, and shot Anatoly's son in the leg.

The boy screamed in pain.

"Okay, wait!" Anatoly pleaded. Anatoly headed for the safe. He quickly loaded a duffel bag full of money.
I turned to Anatoly's son. "Man, I'd be pissed at my old man if he really had to decide if money or I was more important," I told the kid. I turned back to Anatoly. "You're a greedy old bastard."

"Here, just take it," Anatoly said. He threw the duffel bag to me.

Jesse took the bag and counted the money. After several minutes Jesse gave me a nod.

"Alright, cool. Well, it's been fun, but it's late, and I need my beauty sleep." I smirked.

When Jesse and I reached the doors, I stopped and spun around. "Oh, uh, sorry about your wife. She's what your fourth wife–married for like a month? Eh, you can find a new one. By the way, you're lucky it was me who showed up. My parents would have tortured you, your wife, and son for the next decade. Don't double-cross me again. I won't be nearly as generous next time," I warned.

Jesse and I strolled out of the mansion and climbed back into the black van.

"So, are you going to tell Mom and Dad?" Jesse asked.

"Probably." I shrugged. "I'll wait until they get home, though. I didn't want them to find out right away. I wanted to deal with it myself so they could see that I could handle myself."

He nodded in understanding.

When we got home, I put the money away and headed up to my room. I showered, then slipped on a pair of shorts and got into bed.

***

When Mom and Dad got home, I followed them into the study.

"I should probably tell you something," I started.

My dad looked up at me in confusion.

My mom sat down and looked worriedly at me. "What is it, baby?"

"Anatoly tried fucking me over. He kept the old artillery and stole the new artillery. They showed up at the meet and shot at Jesse and me. Jesse was okay, but I got shot. I'm fine, though. After I got the bullet out and stitched up, I went to Anatoly's. He gave me the money for the guns he took. I killed his wife and threatened to kill his son, too," I explained.

Mom and dad stared at me, horror-struck.

"Well, now that you're all caught up, I'm going to go get changed and head out. Jesse and I got plans. Your paperwork is done too, by the way," I said casually. I turned around and headed for the door.