Chapter 3. Destroy Me

Start from the beginning

"Sure." I shrugged.

She told me where to go. When I stopped the car, she turned to me. "Thanks for bringing me back."

"No problem."

"Thanks for not being a douchebag last night," she added.

I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion as I stared back at her. "What do you mean?"

"Most guys would jump at the opportunity if a girl was drunk and in their bed. You didn't," she said with a smile.

"Arrogant and douchebag aren't the same thing." I chuckled.

She laughed, then leaned over and pecked my cheek. "See you," she said.

"See you."

She jumped out of my car. Her hips swayed as she walked down the sidewalk. I watched her for a moment before pulling away from the curb and driving past her.

When I got home, Jesse was in the kitchen eating a doughnut. He must have already taken Emily home. Jesse had a license but no vehicle. He would often borrow mine. Jesse knew where the keys were for every car we had.

He didn't notice me, and I seized the opportunity. I crept up behind him and smacked him upside the head.

His head flew forward, and he spun around in shock. "Dude, what the fuck?" Jesse raised his eyebrows.

"Dude, what the fuck?! Her dad is a cop, asshole!" I hissed.

"Oh, fuck." Jesse's eyes widened in shock.

"Next time, it'd be nice to know what the hell we're dealing with! Damn it, Jesse!"

"Man, I didn't know," he paused. His expression became thoughtful, then stunned. "Oh, damn. You don't think her dad was the cop from the other day?"

"That is exactly what I fucking think," I muttered.

"Damn, sucks to be you. You got the hots for a cop's daughter." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Man, go fuck yourself."

He grinned wickedly. "You're just pissed because you didn't get any."

"I wasn't after any. I was too busy thinking about the fact that I had a cop's daughter in my bed."

Jesse threw his head back and laughed.

"Laugh it up, dickhead," I muttered. I poured myself a cup of coffee. I wished I would have had a cup before driving. If I have to drive when I first wake up with no coffee, you would think I was drunk. I couldn't seem to function without caffeine.

"I do know something that you don't," he said with a smirk.

"What's that?"

"Apparently, she has a wild side. For a cop's kid, she's a bit of a troublemaker. Her own dad had to arrest her once."

I choked on my coffee and stared at him. "W-what?"

"Yeah, she got in a fight at her old school. They expelled her. Her dad was so embarrassed that he moved them here. Also, did you know that her dad is friends with Ricky Rivera's dad?"

I shook my head and sighed. "Great." I was sure I'd see her again. After all, her cousin was dating my best friend.

"What are we doing today?" Jesse asked.