Niall-Check Up

Adele's POV

I have to take my little girl, Kloey to the doctor for her yearly check up today. She doesn't enjoy going to the doctors, so I knew I was in for a long day. "Time to get up, baby girl." I said as I light shook her. She sat up, and rubbed her eyes. "Let's get you dressed." I said picking her up. I grabbed a pair of her jeans, and a white sweater. I quickly got her dressed. I took her in the bathroom and sat her on the counter. "How should we do your hair today, cutie?" I asked her. "Piggy tails!" She said excitedly. "Alrighty then." I said smiling, and grabbing her brush. I gently brushed all of the tangles out of her hair. I grabbed two small elastics, and separated her hair into two parts. I wrapped the elastics around her hair, and put a cute purple hand band on. "All done, babes." I told her and set her on the floor. "Shoes and coat." I said and she ran off. I followed behind her. She walked out of her closest with her black coat, and brown boots. I helped her put on her coat, and tied her boots. "Ready, sweets?" I asked and she nodded. I grabbed my keys, and picked her up. I walked in the garage, and opened the back door. I placed her in her car seat, and buckled her. I quickly got in, and began the long drive to the doctors office.

When we arrived, I quickly got her out and carried her on my hip. I walked into the doctors office, and walked up to the front desk. "Kloey Rayne" I told the receptionist, and she looked at her computer. "I need your ID, and her insurance card." She said smiling. I put Kloey down, and got my wallet out. I gave her both cards, and she looked at them. "Alright. You're all set. We will get her back as soon as we can." She smiled at me. I walked over to the play area, and set Kloey down. She just clung to me for dear life. I picked her up, and sat down in a chair. She hugged me, and I rubbed her back. "Kloey?" A young female nurse called her name. I stood up with Kloey on my hip and walked over to the nurse. "How are we doing?" She asked. "We're good, thank you." I said smiling, then putting Kloey down. "Step up on the scale for me, sweetheart." She instructed Kloey. She was hesitant, but slowly stepped on it. "Can you turn your head for me?" The nurse asked her with the thermometer in hand. Kloey quickly put her hands over her ears and shook her head. "It's okay, baby. It won't hurt." I said gently. She removed her hands, and the nurse got her temperature. The nurse wrote it down. "Stand against the wall for me, kiddo." The nurse told her. She did as asked, and the nurse got her height. "Getting tall!" She said smiling at Kloey. "Follow me this way." She said and led us to a room.

I set Kloey down on the table. "So, just here for a regular check up?" The nurse asked me. "Yep." I said. "Any questions or concerns?" She asked. "Nope." I told her, and she put it in the computer. She walked over with the blood pressure cuff in hand. "Tight squeeze, sweetheart." She told Kloey, and she wrapped it around her arm. She started to inflate it and Kloey whimpered. "Ow! Take it off!" She yelled. "Almost done, baby." I said rubbing her back. The nurse finished getting her blood pressure, and took the cuff off. She also got Kloey's pulse and wrote it down. "The doctor will be in shortly." She said before leaving.

Ten minutes later the doctor walked in. He had blonde hair with brunette at the roots. Dressed in a gray dress shirt with black pants, and a black tie. A white doctors coat over his clothes. A stethoscope around his neck, and I nice silver watch on his right wrist. "Hi, I'm Dr. Horan, but you can me Niall." He said holding his hand out for me to shake. "Adele." I smiled at him. "And who's this little princess?" He asked smiling at Kloey. "This is Kloey, my daughter." I said. I watched as Niall's eyes went to my left hand. Checking for a wedding ring I suppose. "Well, let's get started." He said walking over to the counter. He washed his hands, and walked back over to us. "Let's have a listen to your heart and lungs." He said taking his stethoscope off from a round his neck. He placed it on Kloey's chest. He listened for about twenty seconds. "Alright, now your lungs, Princess." He said and placed the stethoscope on her back. "Deep breath for me." He said, and Kloey did as asked. "Another." He said moving to another spot on her back. "And one more.. Perfect." He said putting his stethoscope back around his neck. "Everything sounds good." He said looking at me. He grabbed the otoscope off of the wall and stood in front of Kloey. "Can you turn your head for me, Princess?" He asked her, and she shook her head.

Niall's POV

"It's okay, baby. It won't hurt. Just let him look real quick." Adele told Kloey gently. Kloey nodded, and I quickly looked in her ear. I moved to her other side, and looked in the other one as well. "Okay princess, can you look at the wall behind me?" I asked her, and she did. I looked at both of her eyes, not seeing any problems. "Now, can you open big for me?" I asked her. She shook her head, and turned towards Adele. "It's okay, baby. He's just going to look." He said and turned Kloey back towards me. "Open nice and big for me. Like an alligator!" I said trying to encourage her. She opened her mouth, and I looked at her throat. "I didn't see any problems. Great job, Princess." I said putting the otoscope back on the wall.

"Can you lay back for me, Princess?" I asked Kloey, and she slowly laid down. "I'm just going to feel around your tummy, and I want you to tell me if anything hurts, okay?" I asked her. She nodded, and I began pushing on her stomach. I gently pushed on the upper left side of her stomach. "Any pain?" I asked her. She shook her head. I then pushed on the right side, and felt her appendix. "No pain there?" She shook her head. "Good." I said helping her sit up.

"Last thing I need to do is a blood test, and she's due for two shots." I told Adele while putting on my gloves. I walked back over to Kloey, and held my hand out. "Can I see your arm, Princess?" I asked, but she shook her head and held her arm. "It will be quick. I promise." I said smiling at her. She slowly put her arm down and I gently grabbed it. "Go ahead and lay back to make this easier, Princess." I said and slowly pushed her shoulders to lay her down. "Adele, will you keep her distracted for me?" I asked. "Of course." Adele said, and looked at Kloey. "Focus on mummy, okay baby?" She asked her. Adele started making funny faces, and Kloey laughed. I tied the tourniquet on Kloey's arm, and used my pointer finger to find a vein. I found one, and opened the antiseptic wipe. I gently wiped off her arm, and she shivered at the cold. "Take a deep breath for me on three, princess." I said taking the cap off of the needle, and positioning it near the vein. "One.. Two.. Three." I said and inserted the needle. Kloey instantly screamed. "Ow! Stop! Take it out! It hurts!" She cried out. "I'm sorry, Princess. Almost done." I said filling the last vial. I placed a cotton ball over the needle, and pulled it out. "Adele, apply pressure on the cotton ball." I instructed, getting up to dispose of the needle. "You did great, baby." She praised Adele. "Good job, Princess." I said giving her a high five.

"Alright Adele, I need you to sit on the table, and put Kloey on your lap. Make sure you keep a firm grip, so she doesn't hurt herself." I instructed and opened an antiseptic wipe. Adele did as I asked, and grabbed Kloey's arm. I rolled up her sleeve, and wiped of her arm. "Look at mummy for me, Princess. Just like before. Take a deep breath on three." I told her, and took the cap off of the needle. "One.. Two.. Three." I said and inserted the needle. Kloey yelped, but she didn't move. "Great job, baby. One more." Adele told her. "Pinch on three. One.. Two.. Three." I said and inserted the needle. I I finished injecting the medicine, and pulled the needle out. I put a bright pink bandaid on Kloey's arm, and threw away the syringes. "You're all done, Princess." I said and rubbed her back. "Thanks for everything Dr. Horan." Adele said smiling and picking Kloey up. "No problem." I smiled. It was the first time I had a good look at her. She was beautiful. I realized I was blushing and looked down at my feet. She walked over to the counter, and grabbed the sticky note pad. She wrote something down, and pulled the top sticky note off. She walked over to me and placed it on my chest. "Call me sometime." She smiled, before walking out. I removed the piece of paper from my chest, and saw she had written her number. All I was thinking was.. Score.

The end(:

A/N: Hey guys!!! This was requested by 1D_storylover Hope you like it!! And I'm currently in the emergency room writing this! I kinda passed out from my concussion about an hour ago, and here I am! I felt bad about not updating, so here it is!!! Sorry it's not as long as they normally are! Hope you all like it!! Don't forget to vote and comment!! Love you all!

~Makynna xx