Harry-You Get Hurt

This was requested by @leahkinson She's an incredible writer! I highly suggest reading her books!(:

Leah's POV

I was sitting with Dr. Styles' latest young patient, Lucy. I'm a volunteer in the children's ward at the hospital. I mostly just help keep all of the kids calm while Harry does his thing. Lucy was due for a couple of shots, and Harry had just left to get them. Lucy was crying, and I was doing everything I could to calm her down. "Sweetie, it's alright. Just breathe." I said as I held her in my arms while she cried on my shoulder. I rubbed her back in circles, and she began to fall asleep. Harry walked in with the shots and put them on the counter. He washed his hands, and put on his gloves. "Is she ready?" He asked me. "Poor kid fell asleep on us." I said. "Go ahead and lay her down on the bed. I'll do it quickly." I did as he said and grabbed her hand. "But what if she wakes up?" I asked worried about Lucy. "She'll be okay. I promise, Leah." He said reassuring me. I gently laid Lucy down. He wiped off her thigh, and took the caps off of the needles. He inserted the first one, and Lucy didn't even move. He did the next, and placed a purple bandaid on her leg. "You can go ahead and take her back to her mum now." He told me. I nodded and walked out into the waiting room. I handed Lucy back to her mum, and gave her a lolly to give her when she woke up. I began walking back to Harry's office when I tripped over a stuffed bear. I put my arm out to break my fall which sent pain through my wrist. My chest hit the cold hospital tile with a loud crack. I felt like my chest was on fire. I slowly got up and walked in Harry's office. He was sitting at his desk looking through patient files. "Hey Leah." He said not looking up from his work. "H-hey." I stuttered because it hurt to talk. He immediately looked up at me. I didn't even realize that I was holding my wrist. Within seconds he was next to me. "What happened, Leah?" He asked with concern in his voice. "I-I fell.. No big deal.." I said and tried my best to smile through the pain. "Where does it hurt?" He asked. N-no where.." I stuttered again. "You're obviously in pain. Let me take a look, babe." He said reaching for my wrist. I jerked it away, causing me to wince in pain. "Let's go look you over, yeah?" He said grabbing his coat. "I don't want to, Harry.." I said quietly. "Leah, I need to make sure it isn't anything serious. I'm afraid your wrist is broken. I'll be careful. I promise." He said and put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded my head, and he began leading me to an exam room.

Harry's POV

I lead her to an exam room, and had her sit on the bed. "I'm just going to pull up your file." I told her as I put her name in the computer. I finished looking through her digital file, and washed my hands. "Can I just have a look at it, babe?" I asked her. She nodded her head and held her arm out. I could already see that it was swollen, and beginning to bruise. I gently touched the top of her wrist, and she yelped. "I think we should go have an X-Ray done on your wrist." I told her. "Does it hurt anywhere else?" I asked her and she put her head down. She slowly shook her head. I walked over and gently put my hand under her chin to get her to look at me. "I need to help you, Leah. I would never ever hurt you, and you know that. Now, where else does it hurt? And don't say no where, because I can tell if you're lying." I said sounding stern at the end. "I think I cracked one of my ribs.. M-my chest really h-hurts.. " She said quietly. "Lay back, Leah." I said and opened the drawer, trying to find my stethoscope. "No Harry.. Please I'm fine.." She said and tried getting off of the bed. "No. Leah, I'm looking you over. Just make this easier on the both of us, and cooperate. Lay back, please." I said as I put my stethoscope in my ears. She slowly laid down, and I placed my stethoscope on her chest. "Your heart rate sounds fine. Now, I'm just going to pull your shirt up a little bit and have a look at your ribs, okay? I won't touch until later, alright?" I asked her, to which she slowly nodded her head. I pulled up her shirt, and immediately noticed how red her whole rib area was. "I'm just going to gently touch, okay? Stay relaxed for me, babe." I said, but before I could, she moved her hands to cover her ribs and yelled, "No! Don't!" I sighed. "Leah, I need to. Just take some deep breaths and I'll be done before you know it, okay?" I said while putting on some gloves. "But-" she said before I cut her off, "No. Leah, I have to. You need to let me." I said getting tired of her fighting me. She nodded her head, and I gently placed my hand on her rib cage. I started pushing on different areas, watching her face for any signs of pain. I reached the spot where it was a deep shade of red, and Leah yelped in pain. "Stop! Please don't touch it anymore!" She yelled. "Just breathe. I'm almost done. In through your mouth, out through your nose." I said as I quickly felt the area. "All done, Leah. It's okay. Shh, No more." I said as I rubbed circles on the back of her hand with my thumb. "It's pretty red, babe. Let's head down to radiology. We can get an X-ray of your ribs, and your wrist. Then we'll go from there, yeah?" I asked her. "Okay.. But don't you have patients?" She asked me. "No I'm off the rest of the day. But I'm not leaving until I know you're okay." I told her, earning a small smile back. She got off of the bed, and I led her out of the room.