Niall-Bad Situation: Part 1

Sarah's POV

"Hey sweetie!" I greeted Abbie, a little five-year-old girl sitting on the hospital bed. She gave me a shy smile. "What seems to be the problem?" I asked the mother and father. "She passed out about an hour ago. We figured it was best to get her checked out." The father explained. "You did the right thing." I told them. I began with just a regular exam. Eyes, ears, nose, throat, checked her breathing and heart rate. "Okay, well I want do to a blood test and urine test to see if there are any problems. As well as start an IV. "I explained and they nodded. I grabbed what I needed for a blood test and laid the bed back. "Okay sweetheart, see this?" I asked her, showing her the needle. She nodded. "It's a butterfly and it's just going to land right on your arm, okay?" I asked and she
smiled. "One, Two, three." I said before putting it in. She didn't even flinch. After I got the blood I needed, I taped down the IV. I gave her mother the cup for her to pee in and she took her to the bathroom. After she was done, I sent the blood and urine for testing. My shift ended after that. I sent her medical chart to the pediatric department and got ready to leave. I was meeting my good friend Niall for coffee.

I walked into Starbucks and looked around for Niall. I spotted him sitting down at one of the tables in the back. I quickly walked over to him, "Hey Nialler." I greeted with a smile. He stood up and pulled me in for a hug. "I missed you, love." He said as we sat down. "I'm going to go order my drink. Be right back." I said before walking to the counter. I ordered a Caramel Frappé and paid for it. The barista handed me my drink. I walked back over to Niall and sat down. He was scrolling through something on his phone. "So how's my favorite leprechaun doing?" I asked with a smile. "I'm doing great. How's my favorite Yankee doing?" He laughed. "Great as well." I said. "The scrubs suit you." He laughs and I join.

We spent the next hour talking about his tour and my job as a ER doctor. Both of us have pretty exciting jobs. Niall and I finished our drinks before walking out of the small Starbucks. He put his ray bans on and put his hood over his head. "Hey, I gotta run to the bank to cash a check real fast. Wanna join me?" He asked. "Sure." I smiled. We began walking over to the bank. "When do start tour again?" I asked as we walked up the steps to the entrance. "A week. I can't wait." His eyes lit up.

We walked in the doors and I walked with him over to the teller. "Hi, how may I help you today?" She asked. "I just need to cash a check." Niall said as he pulled his wallet out. He pulled out the check and grabbed the pen to sign it. After he signed it, he gave it to the lady.

She was about to ask Niall how he wanted it deposited when we heard yelling.

"NOBODY MOVE!"

Niall and I turned around to see six men with guns pointed at us. They were all wearing black and had ski masks on. This is a robbery. The teller was too shocked and didn't try to call authorities. I looked at Niall. His eyes were wide with fear.

"ALL OF YOU OVER HERE ON THE GROUND! NOW!"

We quickly listened. Niall put his hand on my back and rubbed in circles. It was an attempt to keep me calm, but who would be calm in a situation like this. One of the men was watching me intensely. Probably to make sure I wasn't going to run. "Sit." He instructed Niall and I. We obeyed. Two of the other men came over and used zip ties to tie our hands behind or backs. "Just take the money and leave!" Niall yelled. His big mouth won't help anything. The man tying Niall up his him in the head with his gun. Niall grunted. I let out a scream. He already had blood dripping down his head. I knew it was going to need stitches. I'm a doctor and I can't even help him right now. "Sarah, stay quiet." He said sternly. I gave him a sympathetic look.

"Alright so here's how this is going to work. Someone here is going to help us get into the safe. If you do it willingly, no one gets hurt. But if you refuse, I shoot someone. If any of you piss me off, I will not hesitate to kill you. Do I make myself clear?" The leader of this idiots said. Most people nodded. "Good." He said before turning to his men and giving them the signal to go.