Harry and Louis-Anemia Treatment

Kalie's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I turn over and pick up my iPhone, '8:00 AM' it reads. I groan before throwing my blanket off of me. Walking in my bathroom, I quickly undress and hop in the shower.

After my shower, I put on some jeans and a T-shirt, not really caring about my appearance. I'm just going to the doctor after all. I brush through my hair and blow dry it. Deciding on just leaving it natural. I finish getting ready and walk out of my bathroom. I slip on a pair of Vans and grab my phone. Grabbing my keys, I walk out of my apartment and to my car. I get in and start my car. That's when the nerves set in. I hate doctors.

The drive to the doctor's office was short and I quickly check in. It wasn't long before I was called back. The nurse got my weight, vitals, the usual. Then left me alone in the small room. I sat on the paper covered table and pulled out my phone to pass the time.

A guy in his early twenties with long, brown, curly hair walked in. He smiled at me, "Hello Kalie." I returned the smile. "I'm Dr. Styles and I'll be taking care of you today. It says here that we're doing an iron supplement treatment today, is that correct?" He asks. I nod my head. He puts down the papers and file he was holding and looks at me. "Nervous?" He asks with concern. "Just a bit. Never done this before." I explain. "No need to worry, love. I'll make it as comfortable as I can." He gives me a reassuring smile. I just nodded.

He walked over to me and put his stethoscope in his ears. He placed his left hand on my shoulder and held the stethoscope to my back with the other. "Take a deep breath for me." He instructed and I did as he said. "Another.. One more.. Okay perfect." He moved the stethoscope to my chest and started listening to my heart. After that he grabbed the otoscope. "Open and say ah please." He looked at my throat then put the otoscope back on the wall. "Okay everything is in order. I'll go grab what I need and be right back." He walked out of the room and I was alone again. I can't do this. I can't.

I got off of the table and walked towards the door. I opened it slowly and looked around. Dr Styles was nowhere around. I walked out and began walking towards the exit. I walked out to where the waiting room was and still, no one had caught me. I walked out of the office and began walking towards the elevators. That's when I saw him. Dr. Styles, standing there talking to another doctor. I began walking the other way so I could hide. "Kalie?" I heard his deep voice say. I heard footsteps getting closer. So I did the most childish thing. I ran.

"Kalie!" He yelled as he realized what I was doing. He began running after me, so I picked up my pace. "Stop!" He ordered but I wasn't planning on listening to him. I kept running but I didn't realize where I was running there was a dead end. I had no where to go. So I just put my back to the wall and sat down. Hugging my knees to my chest, I waited for Dr. Styles to catch up. I heard his loud footsteps and it wasn't long before he was knelt down by me. "That was a very stupid idea, love." He stated. "I-I'm sorry.." I stuttered out. He sighed. "Let's go back to the office." He said standing up. "No!" I yelled. He seemed a bit taken back by my yelling. "No?" He questioned. "I don't want to do this.." I gave him a sad look. "It's to help you, love." He said before holding out is hand for me to take. I took it and he helped me stand up. We walked back to the room I was previously. I just stood by the table not wanting to get on it.

"Lay down for me, love." He instructed. I slowly got on the table, but remained sitting. He walked over to me with a pillow and placed it at the end of the table. "Lie back." He said, grabbing my shoulders to lay me down. "I'll be right back, stay." He ordered, before walking out of the room.

He returned a few minutes later with a tray containing everything he needed for the treatment. I heard the sound of latex gloves being put on. Not long after, he was by my side, the tray next to him. "Okay I'm just going to start off by finding a good vein to do this in." He explained, then grabbed my arm. He turned it over and started feeling the inside of my arm with his pointer finger. "Got one." He announced. I quickly pulled my arm away, hugging it to my chest. "Kalie.." He said in a warning tone. He reached over and grabbed the needle, taking it out of the packaging. "Here's how this is going to go. I'm going to put the needle in, and your job is to stay relaxed, okay? Then we will count to fifteen together, and by that time I'll have it taped down and you'll be done. Sound good, love?" He asked me. I just nodded.

Harry's POV

Kalie looked at me with pure fear in her eyes. "I'll be right back." I announced. I got up off the chair and walked out of the room. I spotted my coworker, Louis standing by the nurse's station. He waved at me as I walked over to him. "Think you could help me out for a minute, mate?" I asked him. "Of course. What do you need?" He responded. "I have a girl here, Kalie. And she needs an IV for a iron supplement treatment, but she's beyond scared. I need someone to help distract her, if you would." He nods his head. I motion for him to follow me. I walk back into the room, and Kalie sits up when she sees Louis. "This is Louis, he's just going to make sure you don't hurt yourself or me." I explained. She nodded once again. "Lie back, love." I instructed. She did as I asked. Louis walked to the other side of the bed and sat down. He grab Kalie's right hand, "Can you take some deep breaths for me, sweetheart?" He asked her. She quickly shook her head. "How about you tell me about how school is going, yeah?" She started talking to Louis about the classes she takes. I wiped off her arm with the antiseptic wipe. Louis looked at me and nodded, before looking back down at Kalie. His grip tightened on her arm, and he used his other hand to lightly rub her forehead. "You're alright, breathe." He cooed. She had calmed down tremendously. I gently inserted the needle into her arm, earning a whimper from her. "Sh. Sh. Sh. It's okay, sweetheart. You're doing so good." Louis praised her. I quickly got the needle out, and taped down the IV. Louis rubbing her forehead slowly put her to sleep. "Thank you, Lou. Couldn't have done that without your help." I thanked him. "No problem, mate. Now what?" He asked me. "Now, I hook the IV up to the medication I think should help, and we let her sleep. I may need you when I take it out though." I explained. "Alright, just let me know." He said, before walking out of the room. I connected the bag of fluids to the IV, and hung it on the stand next to the bed. Then I grabbed a blanket from the cabinet, and placed it over Kalie.

The next three hours were spent switching what medicine I had going to the IV. Kalie was still asleep, but it was now time to wake her. I went and got Louis so he could wake her up.

Louis' POV

I gently shook Kalie's shoulder. "Sweetheart, it's time to wake up." I cooed. She groaned and rubbed her eyes. Her eyes opened and I smiled at her. "How do you feel?" I asked her. "Sleepy." She replied lazily. Harry walked over with some purple wrap, and a cotton ball. Kalie was sitting up, so I gently pushed her to lay down again. "Why do I have to lay down?" She asked, confused. "Just relax." I told her. She gave in and let her head rest on the pillow. "Alright love, this is the most painful part. I'll be as quick as I can." Harry told her, as he started to take off the tape. She kicked and squirmed. I didn't blame her. But I had to make sure she stayed still. I kept a firm grip on her shoulders. "Shhhh, Kalie. Just breathe. You're okay. I've got you. Deep breaths." I cooed in hopes that it would make her stop kicking. But she continued kicking until he got all of the tape off. "Now you have to stop moving, Kalie. Sit still, sweetheart." I instructed. She finally gave in. "There you go." I said, brushing her hair out of her face. Harry took out the needle and held the cotton ball to her arm. He then wrapped it up, and threw the IV away. After removing his gloves, he came back over to Kalie. "How we feeling, love?" He asked her. "Dizzy and sleepy.." She mumbled. He placed his stethoscope on her chest. I continued running my hands through her hair. After he was finished listening to her heart, he placed the stethoscope back around his neck. "Help me sit her up, Lou." I grabbed her shoulder and her arm, then gently helped her sit up. "I think she should stay for a bit. She can't drive like this." I told him. "You're right. Let's just let her sit in here until she's more aware." He said as he wrote in her chart. "I have another patient though." He told me. "That's okay, I can watch her." He nodded before leaving. I looked at Kalie, her eyes drooping. I sat on the bed and she let her head rest on my shoulder. She nuzzled her head in my neck, so I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Sleep sweetheart. I'm right here." I cooed, rubbing her back.

"Maybe I should get this cutie's number" I thought to myself.

The end(:

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I've been so horrible at updating! But I was in California, then Arizona, and I'm finally home! I went to OTRA San Diego and it was absolutely incredible! Anyone going to the shows on this tour, you won't be disappointed! Anyway, I will be able to start updating now that I am back home! Thank you all for your patience. Hope you enjoy this imagine. Let me know in the comments. xx

~Makynna(: