Alternate Ending (:

A/N: So this is an alternate ending to 'Saying Goodbye' This one probably won't leave you in tears like the other one did. You can read ahead if you're eager for a happy ending ;)

----------------------------------------------

I walked in the room to see my little sister connected to different machines, a tube down her throat. She looked so weak and helpless. The tears began falling as I moved a chair next to her. I sat down and grabbed her hand. "I'm not sure if you can hear me right now.. But I love you so much baby girl.. And you can pull through this.. You're strong.. I know you are.. I remember when we used to wrestle as kids.. You're so tough.. And you won't go down without a fight.. Oh how I wish you would open your eyes.. I would give anything to see those bright eyes one last time.. You know mum said she doesn't think you can hang on much longer.. But prove her wrong, baby. Prove all these doctors wrong. Show them how strong my little sister is.. Please Y/N.. I can't lose you.." I finished before I began sobbing. The rest of the boys walked in. Each carrying a stuffed animal or flowers for her. They set all of the gifts down before walking towards the bed. Louis came behind me and patted my back. "She's a tough girl, mate." He said, looking at her. They all said something to her. Like, "Stay strong, beautiful." Or "Hang in there, kiddo." Before leaving. I stayed with her for a few more hours before the nurse came in and told me it was time to go.

The boys and I stayed at a hotel the next few days. Every day, when visiting hours began I was there. Then I stayed until I had to leave again. I refused to leave my sister's side. I didn't want to believe this was real. I wanted to believe it was some crazy dream that I would soon wake up from.. But it wasn't. This was reality. My baby sister was really fighting for her life. She was really laid in a hospital bed, a machine helping her breathe. This was a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

Every day was the same. I would sit by her side. I would talk about the good times when we were kids. I knew there was only a small chance she could hear me. But I still would talk to her. I told her about how tour was going. And how much I missed her while I was away. I always found myself crying at the end of each story. My heart was breaking more and more each day she didn't wake up.

One day the doctor asked if he could talk to my mother in the hallway. I just stayed with Y/N. She came back in a few minutes later, a sad look on her face. "Liam, honey, it's time.." She said quietly. "What?" I asked, not understanding. "It's time to pull the plug, Liam.." She whispered. I shot up out of the seat. "No! You can't! You can't just give up on her!" I shouted. "Liam, look at the monitors. Do you see how her vitals are high? It means she's in pain. She's suffering, Liam. You don't want her in pain, do you? It's time to let her go, honey. I know it will be hard, but think about Y/N." She explained. "Mum we can't just give up! This is your daughter and my sister we're talking about!" I said trying to argue. "I know, and you love her right?" She asked. "Of course I love her. More than anything in this world." I said looking at Y/N. "Then it's time to let her go." She said. Two nurses walked in and began removing the breathing tube. They took everything off of her except for the pulse oximeter, EKG monitors, and the IV. I just watched helplessly. Knowing that this would be goodbye.

I sat down in the chair next to the bed. I grabbed her hand, and I couldn't help but start crying. I didn't want this to be goodbye. I looked at the ground, trying to hide the tears. Flashbacks began going through my head. All the good times. Like playing football in the back yard, play fights, baking in the kitchen for holidays. So many great memories. I wanted to make more though. I didn't want to say goodbye.

"Please Y/N.. You gotta wake up.." I said looking at her. I felt a light squeeze from her hand. I quickly looked at our hands. "Y/N?" I looked at her closed eyes. She blinked a few times before opening her eyes.

"Y/N?!" I said quickly. "You don't gotta be so loud, Li." She laughed lightly. I practically tackled her into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay." I said letting silent tears fall. "I am too, bubba. I am too." She said hugging me back.

"Are you crying?" She asked quietly. "I am baby. I didn't want to lose you.." I said, my grip tightening. "You're not going to, bub. I'm right here. And I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me." She said, giggling after. "I love you, you little twerp." I said poking her side, knowing how ticklish she is. She squirmed and let out a squeal. "I love you too, butthead." She smiled back.

-Six Months Later-

Y/N had made a full recovery and was back to her old self. I was standing backstage getting ready to go on. This was a big concert. We were playing to over fifty thousand. My nerves were starting to get the best of me. I ran back to my dressing room. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "Can I come in?" I recognized Y/N's voice. I got up and opened the door. "Hey." I said looking at the ground. "What are you doing in here?" She asked me. "I can't do it. I can't." I mumbled. "Hold up. I did not just here my brother say he can't do it." She said with a shocked look on her face. "I'm so nervous.." I said, my voice shaky. "Liam James Payne. You are going to do absolutely amazing and I know it. Remember what you told me? Fear is an only illusion. You've got this Liam. My brother is no quitter." She said, giving me a gentle shove. "You're right, Y/N. Thanks sis." I said pulling her in for a hug.

We walked back to the stage entrance. Someone from the stage crew handed me my microphone. Y/N grabbed my hand, giving me a reassuring squeeze. "Knock em' dead." She winked. "Always." I responded and we both laughed. I walked out on stage, the nervousness had completely vanished.

After the concert, the boys and I ran off the stage, adrenaline pumping. I gave the stage crew my microphone and in ears before running to find my little sister. I couldn't find her, so I figured she was in my dressing room.

I walked in to see she had passed out on the couch. I grabbed a fluffy blanket and covered her up. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. A smile appeared on my face as I watched her sleeping figure. What would I have done if I lost her that day..?

The end(:

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, so tons of people were messaging me and wanting me to give y'all a more happy ending. So here it is. It's not super long, but maybe it will help all the sadness I caused with the last update. Two more updates are nearly done, so expect those soon. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you guys. xx

~Makynna(: