𝐢𝐯- 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬

BlairI walked into the bullpen the next day, Spencer had woken up before me and left without saying anything

Blair
I walked into the bullpen the next day, Spencer had woken up before me and left without saying anything. I run my hands through my hair trying to forget the feelings in my heart.

"Long night?" Emily says handing me a cup of coffee. I simply mumble a thank you before sitting down at my desk and filling out some paperwork.

I notice movement in front of me and see Spencer sitting down at his desk. I look back down to my paperwork, trying to focus on something other than the sound of Spencer moaning my name as he came.

"Guys, Hotch wants us in the conference room," JJ says, rushing in there. I close my file, locking eyes with Spencer who quickly looked away.

"Blair, we need your expertise here" Hotch sighs. Sadness takes over my features, my expertise is in Crimes Against Children. I used to work for the CACU before I came to the BAU.

"Seven children have gone missing from the same shopping center, on the same day for the last seven years. Hailey Ross, Jordyn Hall, Kayla Marx, Maxine Ridges, Evie Johns, Amber Kelli, and Denise Hertz." The pictures of the girls flash on the screen.

They all could be been sisters.

"Wheels up in twenty," Hotch says before rushing out of the room. I chase after Spencer, trying to catch him before he walks out. I catch his arm, trying not to grip it hard.

"Spence, is everything okay?" I ask with a concerned voice. He refuses to meet my gaze. I look around to make sure that no one else was around. "Spencer you know that you can still treat me like your co-worker and friend even though we are having relations" I explain.

"I know it's just hard" he mumbles, still not looking at me. I lift his chin up so I could look him in his beautiful eyes. "Spencer, if you don't want to do this with me then just say so," I say gently.

"I want to do this with you" he breathes out. "Then what is bothering you, Spence?" I question with pleading eyes. His face softens and he places a hand over mine.

"Nothing, I'm good" he smiles before walking out. I stand there wondering what was going on behind his beautiful eyes.

••

"So all of the girls have brown hair and blue eyes and were eight." Emily notices. "They were all even wearing purple the day they went missing," I say into the air.

"This is definitely a preferential offender" I continue. "No bodies have ever been found so we are treating this as all the girls are alive," Hotch announces.

We all look at each other, knowing the probability of the girls being alive.

••

I'm agent Townsend, this is Doctor Reid, the rest of the team is out in the field." I introduce us to the lead detective, once again another alpha male.

He looks me up and down a few times before I got irritated. "Could you show us where we should set up?" I ask, my voice dripping with sass.

He clears his throat before showing us to the room.

••

"So the first victim would be fifteen years old now" Spencer informs the rest of the team.  "We know nothing about this guy other than his preference" Morgan sighs as he closes a case file.

"Oh my gosh," I gasp as I look at the families of the victims. They all had one particular thing in common. Divorce.

I dialed Garcia's number as fast as I could. "Garcia what law firm we're the parents using during the divorce." I inquire. "Uh oh my god if I was with you I would kiss you, they were all using Brooke and Son's family law," Garcia informs us.

The team looks at me with surprise and absolute relief. We had already been here for two days and had nothing. "You sexy-brained goddess" Garcia compliments before continuing.

"They all used the same lawyer, the 'son' in Brooke and Son's. Haden  Brooke, 35, parents divorced when he was, get this eight." She informs us.

"So how does the little girl fit into this?" JJ questions with concern. "His mother, Diane Brooke, took his twin sister, Annamarie Brooke, during the divorce." We all look at each other with bright eyes knowing we had him.

"Wait, what was the trigger seven years ago?" Morgan asks. On the other side of the line, you could hear Garcia tapping at lightning speed.

"Oh gosh," she gasps. "What is it, Garcia?" Spencer finally speaks up. "His sister committed suicide seven years ago on the anniversary of the divorce, her suicide note said that her step-father sexually abused her" Garcia rambles.

"The date being the day the girls were taken, Garcia give us an address," Hotch says. "3976 Fillmore road, outside of the city" "Let's go" Hotch looks at all of us.

••

We were now on the way home. Hayden was very defensive and protective of the girls, didn't let them leave their rooms he held them in. He took care of them though, fed them, and kept them clothed.

Reid had to end up talking him down by talking about his parents' divorce.

"Hey Spence, are you sure you're okay? I mean you had to reveal some pretty dark stuff back there" I question, reaching for his hand and taking it in mine.

A lone tear falls down his face. I look around to make sure that the others were asleep before scooting closer to him. "It's okay, you know" I soothe. Tears continue to fall down his face. He lays his head on my lap, drawing circles on my thighs with his finger.

I wordlessly run my fingers through his hair the way he likes. Soon soft snores are heard from his lips. I smile to myself as I look down at his perfect features.