Fifty Three

Tara and Jay got a second chance at their relationship. In fact, chance had a big role to play in their relationship, from the very beginning. Jay stumbled upon the salon where Tara worked after he had been given a two week sabbatical. Jay took a chance and asked her out. Jay found out about Miracle and drove to his Rhode Island house. He met with an accident and almost lost his memory. When he woke up, he broke up with Tara and began to date Tracy. If it had been for chance, he would have never discovered the folder where Tracy had stored all of Tara's private information. If it hadn't been for chance, Jay would not have found Verita's poem about testing your fate, that motivated him on two occasions to go after Tara. If it hadn't been for the snow storm, Jay would not have spent the night with Tara and she would not have opened up to him.
So, chance had a big role to play.

But these two love birds were finally free from the shackles of chance. Despite all odds, they made it together. And it was a relationship that nurtured both of them. They were as happy as one can be.

Christmas that year was extra special. On Christmas Eve, after attending a party at Tara's firm, they both made their way to Jay's apartment.

"I have a surprise for you," he whispered into her ear before he bit her earlobe.

"What might that be?"

"Let's just say it involves a lot of strawberries."

"Oh they turn me on like crazy," Tara moaned.

"Precisely my objective."

They rushed into Jay's living room. The lighting was low- the mood was really romantic. Jay had arranged for Norah Jones to play in the background. It was supreme sophistication. Tara took off her coat and left it on the table by the door. Jay sat on the couch. The table by the couch had a bottle of champagne and a bowl full of strawberries.

"Come here," Jay said, pouring some champagne for Tara. He drank some himself. Tara was already tipsy from the party. She sat on the couch, facing Jay. He took his shirt off. She drank her champagne while he unbuttoned her shirt and slid his hand under skirt, trying to rub Tara's thigh and her groin. Tara bit her lip and she flinched with pleasure.

"You are amazing."

"I know."

Jay removed Tara's skirt, shirt and her bra. He kissed her neck. Tara put a strawberry in her mouth and Jay bit half of it and kissed her. Then Jay rubbed a strawberry on her nipple and sucked it. They both moaned with pleasure, completely unaware of anything around them. They were drunk in love.

In the midst of all this love making neither realized that the elevator had dinged open and a completely drenched George had walked into the living room.

"Yes that's right! Even the two of you have to rub it in my face!" he groaned.

The love making came to a crashing halt. Tara, realizing that George had seen her completely naked, grabbed Jay's shirt because it was the nearest thing she could reach for. Jay panicked too.

"I'm sorry," George said as he began to cry. "I'm so sorry."

"George, what's the matter?" Jay asked.

"Yeah George? Why are you all wet? What happened?" Tara enquired.

"Amelia-" George hiccuped. "Amelia-"

"What about Amelia?"

"Broke up with me."

"Oh dear," Tara said sympathetically.

"Why?" Jay asked.

"Because I asked her to marry me."

"Oh no!" Jay hugged George. So did Tara.