Thirty

On that particular Sunday morning, it had been nine days since Jay left for Netherlands. There was no contact between him and Tara for all nine days. This had a weird effect on Tara for some reason. It had been a long time since she actually caught  herself thinking about someone once or twice in the middle of a conversation with a client. Four years to be exact. Four years since the love of her life , Chris was thrown out of her life. Four years since she had seen him. And after a steady hope of Chris' return that she kept alive for four years, it was beginning to stagger. The entry of Jay just quickened the staggering.

Tara woke up, with a start, That Sunday morning.  She had a smile smeared across her face. She had had a dream about Jay. A rather strange one. But it was romantic. She remembered how he looked shirtless, as she had seen him without  any clothes on the night of his surprise birthday party. That image seeped into the dream. There was lots of kissing with sunrises in the background, with shirtless Jay. Then it began to rain, and Jay untied Tara's halter on the rooftop of an unknown building. All of a sudden they were inside Jay's bedroom. He held her, like she had long desired. Slowly the clothes began to come off and passionate, intense love making began. It felt real. To Tara, it didn't feel like a dream at all. She was smiling the whole time.  She was so  close to Jay, in  that dream. She couldn't stop looking at him. She couldn't take her eyes off him. He would keep saying all these heartfelt things to her. It was such a nice dream. So gentle. So subtle. So satisfying.

When she woke up, she was flushed with pink. And grining  from ear  to ear. She wanted to go back to sleep and  dream the sequel.  And then she remembered all the things that Jay said to her  in the dream. She recalled them very well. And in  twenty seconds,  her face dropped. A realization dawned upon her. She pressed  her palm to her  forehead and shook it slowly.

Suddenly, a brunette with crazy curls and gorgeous hazel  eyes walked into Tara's room, with a cup of coffee.

"Morning Tara. I made you some coffee," she beamed.

"Morning Liv," Tara said, with a sigh.

Sensing  that something was wrong, Liv obviously  questioned her.

Tara let go of another sigh before she began to speak.

"I had a dream about Jay."

Liv seemed excited. "Ooh  la la. This Jay thing is still on? You had a dream about him which means it's finally actually going somewhere. Isn't that cool? What kind of dream  was it?"

"We were , um,  having- "

"Sex?! Oh my God, Tara is having dreams about having sex with some guy. Do you know how long have I waited for this moment?! "

"Olivia  you need to calm down."

"Woah woah what's all this rucus about?" Heather asked , walking into Tara's room, as she kissed  her partner Olivia good morning.

"Tara had dreams about fucking that Jay guy!"

Heather's face lit  up as she hugged  Tara.

"You know what this means? You've finally  moved on from Chris?! I'm so happy! " Heather said, cheerfully.

"I told you you'll find someone else in  the future," Liv chirped.

"Jay looks like a keeper. And have you seen his eyes? Those blues could hypnotize me," Heather  said.

"Hey hey. No one gets to hypnotize  you except me," Liv said narrowing  her eyes.

"Ofcourse  Liv. I love you.But seriously. Jay could finally be it. Jay could be the one after all. Maybe Chris bliss  is finally over and it's time for Jay yay."