REIKA-SAMA -186

After I cleaned up the rest of the seven-herb congee it was finally time to make the sweets.

I put on the apron I brought from home.

“Hmmmm, the utensils are here and the flavourings are over here. As for the recipes it’s right here in this book,” said Wakaba-chan as she showed me her notebook.

“Did you come up with these yourself, Takamichi-san?”

“Dad taught me some of them, and some caught my eye in recipe books. A number I heard from other people too.”

“I see.”

My cooking was usually wherever my inspiration led me in the moment so I didn’t have much regarding recipes.

Not that any of my creations were worth recreating with a recipe.

“Let’s break out the ingredients then. First we need cream cheese, chocolate, and eggs.”

“Eh?”

I found a familiar jar in her fridge.

“This is…”

“Hmm? Ohh, that. I got it as a souvenir from someone else. It’s actually amazingly good! Do you wanna try some, Kisshouin-san?”

There was no mistaking it.

It was the very same maple syrup that I got from Enjou and Kaburagi.

“Could it be that you received this from Kaburagi-sama?”

“Eh-, how’d you know!?”

“I received some as well. To be honest my preferences lean towards honey, but this was so good it beat out everything in my honey collection.”

“So that’s why! It was so delicious that I couldn’t bear to make stuff with it so I’ve just been eating it a bit at a time but everyone finds it so delicious that there isn’t much left. And it’s sooo good on vanilla ice cream.”

“That does sound good!”

Putting it on ice cream, huh.

It was a bit cold for ice cream, but maybe I could try it after my next bath.

“But man, it sounds amazing going to Canada for a skiing vacation. I’ve never been overseas before.”

“You have the shop after all.”

With so many family members and the cake shop too it couldn’t have been easy to organise an overseas holiday.

…Hm?

Aahh! I’d almost forgotten!

“Passport!”

“Huh?”

“Takamichi-san! Do you have a passport!?”

“A passport? No?”

At Zui’ran our high school trip was obviously overseas.