REIKA-SAMA -179

I was attending a special winter holiday course at my cram school.

My marks had fallen in the most recent exam so I had to get it together!

A student’s main concern was studying, so naturally Christmas wasn’t a priority.

Christmas had nothing to do with students.

Naturally.

With that in mind I strode into cram school only to be invited by Umewaka-kun and the others to a 1000 yen random present exchange.

Present exchange?!

Count me in!

This kind of thing really brought back memories.

In my old life my friends and I had gathered together to do a 500 yen random present exchange.

It was extra hard getting presents without knowing who would get it.

If I knew that then I could at least try to get something they’d like.

It was even worse this time because we had both sexes in the pool.

If it was all girls then I could get some cute lip gloss or a nail set, but I didn’t think the boys would appreciate that.

Oh, well maybe Iwamuro-kun might, but…

After agonising over it for a while, in the end I decided on a famous onsen bath salt set.

It wasn’t something you’d have to keep around after using, and if you didn’t like it then your family could.

I wondered if this was the right choice.

It was better than some cute bath bombs at least, since the scent of those might be too sweet for a boy.

During our lunch break on Christmas Eve, we had lunch together in the classroom before singing some songs and exchanging presents.

It was a little embarrassing because there were other people in the classroom, but it was best to be festive for these things, wasn’t it!

I wondered who would get my present.

We sang Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer as we passed the presents along in a circle.

When the song was done I ended up with a green-ribboned present, just about large enough to fit in both hands.

I wonder whose this was.

My present ended up in Sasaki-san’s hands. Ahh, had I known it’d end up with a girl I would have just gone for the bath bombs!

How was she going to react!

“Wah, bath salts. There’s actually quite a bit here. Whose was this?”

“It was mine,” I raised my hand to looks of surprise.

“This is yours!? Wouldn’t have really expected this from you.”