REIKA-SAMA -256

Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Kenkyo Kenjitsu wo Motto ni Ikiteorimasu by reikakisshouin
Misc » Misc. Anime/Manga Rated: T, English, Words: 403k+, Favs: 648, Follows: 648, Published: Jul 7, 2017 Updated: Oct 20, 2017
596Chapter 256: 256
256

There's some time between zazen and takigyou, so we have lunch. There was a soba noodle restaurant nearby, but Fuyuko-sama wished to have the vegetarian dishes in the temple. It was more luxurious than I thought, with a soup and five vegetable dishes. Wow, the sesame tofu is delicious.

We're merely experiencing the training, so they're not strict about it, but the rule is to eat silently, so we don't speak. It's too difficult to eat pickled radishes without a sound, though. Is it part of the training? To include something so hard to eat silently? Am I supposed to swallow this without chewing? I use my special technique. Just as a bird chirps, I quickly chew three times and swallow. I hope that I don't get indigestion…

When we finish eating, it's finally time for takigyou. Participants put on their swimwear or jerseys they brought and put on the white clothing provided by the temple. Hmm… Seems strange seeing everyone with a rash guard for protection against the cold to perform takigyou….

"Putting the white clothing on, I feel my body tightening." Well, as long as she's enjoying it…

I offer to watch the luggage for both of them. Ikoma-san declined saying she didn't want to trouble me, but it's not any different watching for one or two. There must be something they'd want to use quickly when they're done, like a towel or mirror. I feel like a manager on a sports team.

The two were led away with other participants, so I went to the bridge overlooking them. Other spectators are there. Takigyou must be a rare sight.

"Oh, so much luggage. Is this for your family?" asked an old lady who was looking after luggage for three nearby.

"No, this is…"

"It must be hard getting hit by the waterfall, but it's difficult being a mother looking after her children's luggage, too."

"Mother?" What mother? I didn't understand… Huh!? Wait! She thinks that I'm a mother!? "I don't have children…. I'm looking after luggage for my friends…" I correct, my voice trembling.

"Huh!?" Her expression immediately changed. "Oh, no. I'm sorry," she laughed and fled with other old ladies.

"What were you saying, Nonaka-san. She was a young girl, poor thing."

"But she seemed so calm, with that sunshade, so…"

"She's not much over 20. Calling her a mother like that…"

"That's right, Nonaka-san. That was bad."

I'm still in high school… I'm still underage…

How do I get mistaken for a mother when I'm still in high school? Do I look that old?! Do I look like a keep a house?! I thought that being too casual at a temple was wrong, but was wearing a flare skirt a mistake?! What is this? Reading all those fashion magazines were useless to me. Or is the reason… my old-fashioned face?

After being humiliated by those old ladies, I thought that I sensed the curious looks of others, but I try to pretend that I don't care. I wonder how much longer Fuyuko-sama will be. Oh, such nice weather. Oh? My phone's vibrating. Is it mail? I open my phone pretending that I had received something…

Please hurry up, both of you…

Fuyuko-sama was assisted into the water. The water's coming down hard. I wonder if she'll be all right? As expected, she staggered when it hit her. She recovered, and put her hands together with her prayer beads. She was only there for a few minutes, but she had trouble walking when she was done, and had to be helped to the shore.