REIKA-SAMA -170

Aside from Akimi-san, everybody here was either a student or alumni of Zui’ran, so there wasn’t much introduction to be had.

Come to think of it, Ririna had followed Kaburagi like crazy when she entered Zui’ran. Then when Enjou told her off she started behaving herself.

She never did mention liking Kaburagi again, but I wondered if she had any feelings left.

I glanced over at her but… Nope, didn’t seem so. All I registered was wariness. Against whom though?

More Enjou than Kaburagi it looked like. Well, maybe when he chewed her out she realised what a troublesome person he was.

Enjou had enough sense for some polite flattery for the three of us, but all Kaburagi mentioned besides the scope of the party was:

“The food’s pretty good.”

That’s what he was praising!? Not that I wasn’t okay with that, because it was honestly what I was happiest to hear.

“Well Chairman Kisshouin is known as ‘the Gourmet President’, and the ‘Connoisseur Chairman’ after all.”

Eh!? Seriously!? I had no idea people thought of him that way! Hmph, pretty pretentious for a tanuki.

Kaburagi asked if we had eaten, but Ririna and I had only touched the drinks.

“Are you on some stupid weight loss scheme again?”

“No, that is not… I simply have not found the time to eat yet with all the guests to greet,” I explained.

“I’m the same…” echoed Ririna.

Kaburagi shot us a dubious gaze.

“Hmmmm… The chefs have invested so much skill and effort into these dishes and you’re alright wasting them for some diet? I hate people like that.”

The two of us flinched.

“Come on, Kisshouin-san isn’t that kind of girl, right?” Enjou stepped in, “She never leaves any of her lunch behind, and isn’t she always eating desserts at the salon?”

“Right, right,” followed Imari-sama, “To begin with, Takateru told me the reason these Kisshouin parties are known for their food is because of Reika-chan’s advice.”

“True…” Kaburagi nodded in acceptance.

Kaburagi turned his gaze to Akimi-san next.

“I-I think the temarizushi was really good,” she reported, a little frightened.

“Ahh, women do love that kind of thing. I’m more partial to something with a bit more meat, myself,” he chuckled.

I suppose praising the food was the right answer to him.

The two of them began chatting about which foods were good tonight.

You know, Kaburagi, I have to wonder what you mean by talking to a young woman about nothing but food. We’re at a high class party here, filled with girls in their youth. Don’t you have anything cooler to talk about?