REIKA-SAMA -242

Wakaba-chan's harassment increased following midterms. Mostly insulting her, vandalizing her locker and desk, or bumping into her or attacking her during P.E… Not much different from before, but there are more boys involved, jealous of her grades, on top of the usual dislike of external student approaching the Emperor.

Even some external students seem jealous, and treat her badly.

Zuiran allows everybody to advance unless their grades are especially bad, but they won't be able to get into a competitive department or another college.

The last midterms proved that those students had gotten serious. My ranking dropped a surprising amount despite studying the same… This is bad. I might not even make it into the department of my choice. Plans of my future will be crushed! I understand how they feel, I do, but this is…

"You're poor. That's why you work so hard for the scholarship."

I was changing classes as I saw Wakaba-chan being insulted by a group of boys. Girls tend to harass without witnesses, but a lot of boys do it openly to show off. I wonder which is worse. To be pricked repeatedly, or cut down at once.

But I can't allow this. Wakaba-chan's cake shop is doing well, and they're not poor. They're a normal family. And how rude can you be? Insulting the Takamichi household is insulting me.

I raise my chin and have Serika-chan and the other follow as I stride down the middle of the hall. The students who noticed move to the side, but those surrounding Wakaba-chan haven't noticed. I stomp once.

"You're in my way. Will you remove yourselves?"

They turned around shocked, and leaped back a few steps. Looking at them fidget, I asked, "Serika-san?" while playing with my perfect curls. "Do you know who these obstacles to my passage are?"

The boys gasped and their eyes jumped out.

"So troubling. We may be late for class with these things blocking the way." To finish, I add, "How irritating," with a sigh.

Serika-chan and the others stepped forward, their eyes blazing.

"Step aside, pebbles! Before we kick you aside!"

"How dare you block Reika-sama's way! Be ready to get struck down!"

The boys cries ring out. Ohohoho. Serika-chan, Kikuno-chan, chastise them. I feel like Mito Koumon. The boys flee shouting, "I'm sorry!" Humph, as if there are any who would stand up to the Reika, at the top of the Zuiran caste.

Only Wakaba-chan stood there, her mouth hanging wide open. Wakaba-chan, close your mouth!

"Reika-sama, what should we do? We can make them pay for making you…"

"Oh, Kikuno-san, don't say such things. The hall has cleared, so that should be enough this time."

Ohohohoho, I laugh generously, and all the students who were watching became one with the walls. They've picked up ninja moves to hide like that.

A rattling sound comes from my side. Wakaba-chan is shaking her pen case rhythmically… What's she doing? I move on the now clear hallway with Serika-chan and the others.

Oh? I know that stone statue. He was class rep with me in junior high, Bouda-kun. He still has the shaved head. I stop to greet him and he crumbled to the ground.

I entered the classroom to fund a smiling Satomi-kun. "That was impressive," he congratulated clapping his hands as he approached. "Kisshouin-san, I think calling you a yakuza boss is more fitting than calling you class rep. Do you have a red peony tattoo on your back?"