Cheating On An Anniversary?

Christian's POV

I got home in Milwaukee, expecting to see Cassie and the kids but it was quiet. On the counter, were her car keys, and a note.

Christian,

I never meant to hurt you. When I went over to Nico's place, it was strictly only to talk to his mom. When he made a move, I was quick to tell him I was with you. I feel really bad about this entire situation. When we were talking later that night, I was hoping we could talk it out but you didn't give me the chance to and gave me back your wedding ring. The kids and I are back home in Malibu. I really still want to be with you but if that's the case, we need to go to couples counseling or something because this can not keep happening. Especially now that we have kids together. Maybe we just need some time away from each other before, we even come back to Milwaukee. But you really need to make a decision and let me know. I left your ring on your nightstand in the room if you decide you want to wear it again. I truly do love you Christian Stephen Yelich. I never meant to put you through that situation because it's you CY. You're the only person I want to be with. Just text me saying you read this or something. This might be something sensitive to say right now, but I love you and I will love you forever.

I should've just heard her out. Maybe just called her out for doing something behind my back. I've put Cassie through a lot more hurt, so I should've been willing to hear her out.

my love 💘- Hey, I just got home and read your note. I really do want to be with you, and I want you and the boys back home. I know me just saying that, isn't going to make it happen instantly. But when you decide to come back home, we can talk, get a counselor, do whatever it takes to make this right between us. How are the boys? How are you?

I attached a picture of me wearing my ring again.

Cassie's POV

My heart started racing as Christian's name popped up on my phone. I was still hurting from Christian taking his ring off and our whole argument. I texted him back and I felt a little bit better and more at ease.

Me- When do you want us back home?

husband 🥺🥺- I want you back now but it's whenever you want to come back.

Me- I'll get us a flight back for Monday. We will see you then 🤍

I felt completely lost without Christian, and the kids, they were super fussy since they hadn't seen Christian in like five days.

As I walked into the apartment, Christian jumped off the couch and grabbed the car seats from me.

"Hey," He said and kissed the top of my head.

"Hey," I said and looked at him. "I'm really sorry a Christian."

"You know, I can't even say it's fine but we are going to figure this out." We had our first appointment tonight, and Collin was going to watch the kids. Our families kinda knew what was happening, but everyone decided to stay out of it so they didn't make it worse.

When we got to our appointment, the lady let us into her office. "Hello Cassie and Christian."

"Hello," The two of us said.

"So I understand that the two of you are having some issues in your relationship. Can you tell me about your life as a couple and touch on the problems you are experiencing."

"So Cassie and I have two sweet little boys together. We are engaged, you know the basics. Well at the beginning of our relationship before we had kids and before our engagement, there was definitely jealousy going both ways."