I'm Sorry

Christian's POV

We got ready for Thanksgiving and I watched Cassie as she looked through all her clothes. "I'm fat babe. Just tell your family I can't make it."

"No, you're going! That dress would look cute, or that shirt with that cardigan."

"Christian I'm too fat right now," She said and shut the closet door. Her cries were muffled but were very apparent.

"Cas, baby let me in," The door unlocked and I opened it and wiped her tears, "No one is going to care what you look like. They're so excited for you baby."

"Christian I'm not comfortable with the way I look. My fingers are swollen and I can't wear my ring and-" I cut her off.

"Cas you're very beautiful right now. In less than two months, you're going to bring two handsome little boys into the world and it's all going to be worth it. If you can't wear the ring right now, it's fine. I'd rather have you have a finger to keep the ring on when we actually get married." I kissed her forehead and grabbed the clothes for her. "We can head to the store and grab the ice cream after and then go to my mom's place."

She nodded and then got dressed. When we got to the store we got the ice cream and a bag of spinach for Cas because she was on a green smoothie kick. As we stood in line together, we were talking when a guy about Cassie's age got in line behind us.

As she started talking, the guy mumbled, "Whore."

Cas and I looked at him and she was about to say something but I didn't let her. "Excuse me, what the fuck did you just say?" I handed Cassie the stuff and moved to where I was standing in between the two of them.

"I said she's a whore."

"And why the fuck is that?" I asked and clenched my fists.

"She's not married and she's pregnant."

"Her fucking finger is swollen, she can't wear her ring. Fucking call her a whore one more time and we can meet outside." Cas tried grabbing me to calm me down.

"I said what I said and I'm sticking by it," He got closer to us and poked Cassie. "She's-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I punched the guy. "Don't ever put your hands on my wife ever again. You're lucky she's pregnant because I would've beat your ass already."

"Christian," Cassie said and I kept an eye on him.

"Get the fuck out of this line," I said and he left.

"Go get in the car," She said and seemed pissed off. I left the store and then a few minutes later, she got in the car. "Babe, you could get in serious trouble."

"No man is going to call you a whore, touch you and get away with it."

"Christian you had my anxiety through the roof. I thought I was going to have an attack in there."

"Cas you have to understand where I was coming from," I said and put my hand on her thigh. She started crying and I knew I made this happen. At any moment I expected her to just let it out. "I didn't mean to scare you babe."

"Just drive Christian," She said and continued crying. It only took a few minutes until we were at my mom's house and she was still crying. I tried comforting her but she didn't want it. "I'll come inside in a few minutes." I got out and grabbed the stuff.

Cassie's POV

I know Christian was just protecting me, but he scared me. It also didn't help, that my hormones were so uncontrollable at the moment. It had been a few minutes of me sitting in the car trying to get myself together. Once I finally stopped crying, I got out and headed up to the front door. My eyes were still puffy but I didn't want anyone to think I was rude for not coming in.