Episode 46: The Beach Episode

A/N: This episode takes place in the past, before the COVID-19 pandemic. I bring this up because setting this episode in 2020 (the year it was published) isn't possible without turning my OCs into bad examples of what not to do during a pandemic. Anyway, that's all I have to say. Enjoy the Beach Episode!

~

Shimmering sunlight as bright as diamonds. Spectacular skies as blue as sapphires. Silky sands as white as pearls. And sparkling waters as clear as crystals. Cool and lustrous, the jewels of summer were a spectacle to behold. Wave after wave, all come to the charming shores, setting the stage for adventure, comedy, drama, romance, filler, and fanservice—for "plot" purposes. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to...the Beach Episode.

"Wooooow! It's the ocean!" Mississippi awed.

"No shit." Alabama strolled up to her. "Why ya actin' excited? You live next to the ocean."

"Sure, but it's always fun to say it out loud," she giggled.

Today was the Southern Summer Solstice—a gathering that takes place every four years around June 21st for the Southern states to celebrate the coming of summer as a family (apart from the rest of the United States). For this occasion, it was Florida's turn to host the gathering. She wanted to take them to Disney World, but not everyone wanted to spend hundreds of dollars on her tourist scheme. Instead, a majority agreed the beach was the better option. Emphasis on a majority because not everyone was fond of the idea.

"Has Florida's house always been this hot?" West Virginia fanned his irritated face. "I knew the beach was a bad idea. We should've gone to the mountains instead."

"The only mountains I know in Florida's house are landfills and the ones at Disney World," said Kentucky while taking the beer cooler off the back of the truck. "Otherwise, I don't think there are real mountains in the area."

He stopped at the line where the concrete of the parking lot met with the beach and grumbled, "I don't get it." He glared at Alabama and Mississippi who were running around barefoot in the warm sand. "Beaches are so overrated. If not the mountains, the lake is a good option. There's less sand, and we can go camping afterward."

"You shouldn't complain," Georgia interrupted his rant, appearing in a sun hat and a rose romper with a pair of amber-rimmed sunglasses over her eyes. "Though there are many things I disagree about her, I do acknowledge Miss Florida's hard work to secure a private beach for us. The least we can do is appreciate her efforts and enjoy ourselves as she desired." She looked up at the beach. "Speaking of whom, where is she? Her convertible is in the parking lot."

They looked around the beach, unable to find the Floridan in their sights. Although, they did see a four-foot-long alligator basking next to an orange striped towel on the beach about thirty yards away from the seashore.

"Pardon me, baby girl." Mississippi patted the alligator's back with a carefree smile. "Have you seen Florida?"

The alligator didn't hiss, nor did it move.

"Hm. Did a shark get her?" She gazed at the ocean.

"I doubt it," Alabama muttered. "It would be crazy stupid for that Floridan to die from a shark attack."

"Then, where could she be?"

When the question was asked, a loud voice pierced the air, screaming, "YAHOOO!" Florida jumped out of the ocean on the back of a bottlenose dolphin, one hand on the dorsal fin with the other holding a grenade launcher. The mouths of the Southern states were wide open like a dumb bass. Not because they were shocked to see her riding a dolphin. Not because they were shocked to see her holding a grenade launcher. They were shocked because of what she was wearing: the skimpiest bikini they had ever seen.