Episode 30: Our Fiasco

April 1, 2012—Washington, D.C.

America was admiring the cherry blossoms in the park when he heard his name being called

America was admiring the cherry blossoms in the park when he heard his name being called. He turned around and waved when he recognized the little girl in her cherry blossom pink yukata. "Hey, Hawaii! You're looking very kawaii (cute) today."

She giggled, "Arigato (Thank you). Are you here to see the cherry blossoms, too?"

"Yeah. I'm supposed to join D.C. on a picnic. Though, I sorta forgot where she said she would be." He looked around the vast park.

"Hm. Maybe, I can help."

"You don't mind?"

"Sure! I'm not in a rush or anything."

He smiled. "Cool! Let's look for D.C. together!"

The country and state casually walked down the sidewalk together in search of the capital.

☆☆☆☆☆

In an empty area of the park, New York wandered out from the trees. His face was irritably red. The only article of clothing he wore was a pair of white shorts. Though, they might as well be briefs because of how tight they were around his waist and thighs. He kept adjusting them, tugging at the pant legs and crotch region. But as he was doing so, one of his white-feathered wings hit the trunk of an oak tree.

"Fucking damn it," he grumbled under his breath. "Why do I have to dress like this? I look fucking ridiculous." The fake halo above his head bobbled as he kept walking to a fountain.

"Hahahahahahahaha! Holy fuck, dude! You look smoking hot as an angel!"

New York immediately turned around and glared at the Valley Girl laughing at his misery. "Is this your shitty idea?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb! This is the sort of thing you set up on purpose!"

"Don't be ridiculous. I mean, look at me." She looked down at the sexy bunny costume she wore. "I'm dressed up, too."

"I don't believe you!"

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Tell you what. If you do as I say, I promise I won't post this super embarrassing photo of you online." She showed him a picture of him sleeping half-naked on her smartphone.

His face turned redder than the heart prints on his boxers. "When did you take that?!"

"Oh, I'll never tell," she giggled.

He growled, "Delete it immediately, or I'm smashing that phone into pieces."

"No way! Eep!"

Nearby, Washington D.C. watched a bunny girl run away from an angry angel while drinking matcha tea under the cherry blossoms.