Episode 15: Satisfied

Previously on 50☆Stars: New York attends a wedding at the Schuyler Mansion. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

~

December 14, 1780—Albany, New York

After the wedding reception, everyone proceeded to partake in alcohol

After the wedding reception, everyone proceeded to partake in alcohol. Rum, whiskey, beer, wine: they drank until there was nothing left to drink in the mansion. If they weren't in the mood to dance, they could either go home or stay the night as a guest.

New York didn't plan on staying over. He had a lot of work to do, so he needed to stay sober for his travel back to the City later in the evening. As tempting as it was to guzzle wine without having to pay for any of it, he stayed moderate with a half-full glass of red wine.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay over?" Alexander asked New York for the eleventh time.

"No means no, Alexander. I have a bunch of work to do back at the City," he grumbled.

"Aw, come on! Who says you have work?"

"The British commander who'll have my head if he suspects me of working for the American patriots."

He scoffed, "Surely, the limey commander can cut some slack. Tell him your carriage got stuck in a frozen river or something like that."

"I may be a spy, but I can't lie all the time. Besides, our comrades are counting on me to find whatever intel I can gather. While I'm here, the redcoats are spouting vital secrets. Thus, I mustn't waste any more time."

He moaned, "Come on, man. Please stay." He leaned into his ear and whispered, "If you want, you have my permission to witness the final consummation of my marriage." He gave him a dirty look.

His face burned red. "Hell no!"

He pouted. "You're not fun. If Laurens was here, he wouldn't let me down."

"I doubt he would want to watch you and Eliza-"

Clink, clink, clink!

"A moment of your time please!" Everyone in the room turned their attention to the maid of honor, Angelica Schuyler, who stood up from her seat with a glass of champagne in hand. She turned to the bride and the groom, her sister and her brother-in-law, with a glistening smile. "A toast to the groom!"

"To the groom! To the groom! To the groom!" the room cheered.

"To the bride!"

"To the bride! To the bride! To the bride!"

"May you always...be satisfied!" she proudly proclaimed, shedding tears of joy.

Everyone continued to applaud and listen to Angelica's magnificent toast. There was no question her words were true. She spoke with such pride, love, and euphoria. Her words were so passionate, she could easily sway everyone to go along with this good feeling. She didn't seem at all troubled. She appeared, as always, to be a wonderful sister.